or Connect

Posts by gwmac

$20 bucks after a 3 free month Netflix credit is an amazing deal. Personally I prefer my PS3 and the ability to just sit on the sofa and switch from regular TV to Netflix without an added layer of complexity by using my computer or phone to stream the content. But I can see this product selling very well. Great impulse buy and gift option. 
So Google figured out these problems on 4.3 and so did Apple on OS X but you think they can't on iOS.... I have no idea how it should be implemented, that was just off the top of my head. But I am sure it could be done. And like other features in iOS that you may not use you would be free to ignore this one as well. It astounds me that people could possibly be against a guest user account. It is like the inmates arguing against changing the jail lunch menu and offer...
Absolutely. Texting is horrible. I would love to have a larger keyboard that also includes the number keys and other symbols. Games, web browsing, videos, well pretty much any app just looks better on a larger display.   I agree they shouldn't be all over the place. Just have 2 sizes of 4" and somewhere around 5". Developers will moan and groan a little bit like they did when resolutions have changed in the past but they will get over it and adapt their apps very quickly. 
A guest account on my iPhone would have saved me a lot of fights over the years with some things I would have preferred to remain for my eyes only. 
What complexity? How hard would it to have an app or setting to allow you to switch to another account? That is no more difficult or challenging that setting up the passcode lock. In fact it could be on the passcode lock screen. SImply place an icon for 2 accounts on that screen and choose the account you want to access and enter your passcode. Does that sound complex to you?
Bingo you get a prize. But also don't forget the rapidly aging population in 1st world countries. For most people once you hit 40 eyesight can be a big issue and a larger screen just makes it a far better experience. even people with perfect vision can  prefer a larger display for any variety of reasons. Choice is a good thing.
  Apples and oranges. I bought my iPad and my iPhone but at certain times you might let someone use it for a very brief time, even for a few minutes. Sometimes with your permission and sometimes without.  For anyone with wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, or other snooping people that you would prefer not to have full access to your iPhone or iPad I am sure you will understand where I am coming from.   Not to mention the ability to prevent kids from racking up big...
"Google also showed off the newest build of its Android operating system, version 4.3. Still under the Jelly Bean moniker, version 4.3 brings multi-user restricted profiles, allowing users to set parental controls governing how other profiles can access in-app purchases. It also brings Bluetooth Smart integration, allowing devices running 4.3 to interface with low-energy, wearable devices."   This I think is the most interesting point of the article. For families...
Do you mean your friend's iPhone 5 or a 5" phone?    I own an iPhone 5 but get to use my friends S4 and HTC One quite a lot and it is just so much nicer to have that big screen to look at which makes me a bit jealous and on the fence if I will switch or not this year. I am waiting to see what the 5S offers before I decide but for me screen size will probably trump iOS 7 or anything else. 
Restricted multi-user integration is a smart move and one I wish Apple would implement. When I let someone use my iPad I hate the fact that they have full access to my emails, texts, and other personal info. Of course this is also useful to prevent kids from in-app purchases.