or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I wish you were right but even if the average consumer might not be aware of these benchmarks the carrier store reps make sure and let them know the "Note 3 is the fastest phone". I will give you an example, I happened to stop by a local Verizon store the other day because I was with a friend that needed to take care of something with his account. While I was waiting on him I looked at the Note 3 and a rep started trying to get me to buy one. I pretended like I didn't know...
This is no different than Lance Armstrong and steroids. Lance also had a lot of support for many years and only recently when the full truth and scope of what he had done came out did that support begin to falter. Unless Samsung plans to allow those over clocked speeds for all apps all the time they are cheating plain and simple. They will not allow those speeds for other apps because they know it would likely  fry the CPU and also reduce the battery life in half....
That sort of behavior is beyond silly. You can expect if not accept some tiny start ups to do all sorts of crazy guerrilla marketing ideas to try and stand out and get some attention and traction but not from multi-billon dollar corporations. That is just sleazy. I hope all these benchmarking apps manage to thwart their cheating attempts by updating their apps to avoid the over clock cheat.    At the end of the day unless all you do is run benchmarking apps they really...
I am not sure a storage card would help with app storage since the latest versions of Android require apps to be stored internally and not on SD cards. Your example might work for some apps like Facebook for example where you log in with a ID and password but I don't think it would work on apps that have no log in per se and instead depend on the hardware ID. Try installing Modern War on your tablet with 2 accounts for example and see what happens. 
My original post was a rebuttal to a guy discussing Android. You jumped into that conversation. I will be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about the various flavors of Windows phones and tablets. I have no idea what are the differences between a Surface, a Surface Pro, Windows RT, or Windows 8 mobile. The reason I have no interest in any of those aside from it being very confusing is there is paltry amount of apps to choose from. Again I ask you what good is...
Yes I often use spotlight but what happens when you don't know the name of an app? In OS X there are all sorts of ways to sort and shuffle and browse to find what you are looking for. Some of that power would be very welcome in my opinion on iOS to help find things faster. I also use folders but find them very limiting. I need an easier way to sort and organize and move apps around and rearrange my screens. In OS X for example you can use command+select or shift+select to...
  All the games I play like Modern War, Kingdom Age, Clash of Clans, PvZ2, and so many other games and apps aren't even available on Windows so what good is multiple accounts when the games and apps aren't available to any user profile? Xbox live is also a paid service. You can't even watch Netflix or Youtube on an Xbox unless you pay Microsoft their yearly tribute. What a ripoff. I have a huge group of friends with iOS devices that I can challenge to games with Game...
And I I'm not discounting the possibility that Microsoft or Google released multiple user profiles even though they offer less than an ideal solution and are not ready for prime time. If you don't mind a beta quality experience that won't matter. Apple are perfectionists so I expect if and when they decide to add that feature it will not suffer from the same problems and limitations I have seen with the Android implementation. 
Unless it has improved since this review it appears that is just a game launch pad and does not easily allow you to challenge friends like Apple's game center.  http://www.techhive.com/article/2045145/the-google-play-games-hub-could-learn-something-from-apple-s-game-center.html That also does not address the main issue I brought up about games that do not rely on game center or the Google equivalent like Modern War. That game stores a huge amount of data on your iPad so if...
 How do you know it is not a technological hurdle? iOS has a game center that as far as I know an equivalent feature is not available on Android or Windows. Perhaps there is something also about having your Apple ID/ iCloud account account tied to one device that makes it harder for Apple to add multiple user profiles. We really do not know all the facts and can only speculate. How would games for example like Modern War that do not even use Apple's game center handle...