or Connect

Posts by gwmac

They will introduce a variety of colors for the same reason they did so with the iPod touch.    I most certainly did explain several reasons. I pointed out they wanted to ditch 3.5" with the 4S and standardize on 4" and lightning. I also said that thanks to the new Qualcomm front end which it will likely include they will no longer need to make 4 versions of the 4S or 5 which will result in a huge cost savings with fewer skus. This will also open the iPhone lite to over...
I already explained my reasons in post #30. 
That is my thinking as well. I think the price is already reflecting the pessimism so if the estimates fail to meet predictions I am hoping there won't be a huge decline. If Apple fails to introduce an iPhone lite or the 5S is universally panned then the stock is in real trouble. With Samsung's stumble with the S4 being received as being blasé it would have been a great time to also introduce a larger display iPhone as well. My guess is that with the iPhone lite and the...
Who cares what this analyst said or how accurate his predictions were in the past? Anyone that has followed Apple and can see logic knows this makes perfect sense. Apple will introduce a $449  iPhone in multiple colors that will probably sell for free or zero on contract. I am surprised people actually think this won't happen. 
Substantial is a huge understatement. A larger iPhone is Samsung's worst nightmare. It would also probably seal the fate of HTC since people that want a large screen but a nice build quality would flock to a 5" iPhone. Right now the biggest draw that the Galaxy has over the iPhone is the screen size. Apple are pretty good at keeping up with all the other specs with the exception of display size. Apple would squeeze Samsung in their one profitable sector and the Chinese...
The point is that they can standardize on both 4" and lightning. The other point is that you will then have a clear demarcation in the iPhone product line with a premium and standard model. Selling older models was only a temporary solution and was never meant to be permanent. Assuming they use the Qualcomm front end that can operate on every single band and carrier in the world that also means far fewer SKU's. Instead of needing to make 4 version of the iPhone 4S and...
You are 100% correct. Many people that buy an S4, HTC One, and other phones did so because they had no choice if they wanted a larger screen. I myself am in this camp. My iPhone 5 seems tiny. I have friends with Android phones with larger screens and the experience is just so much better with a nice big display where everything is easier to see. Games especially benefit. Even typing is easier with more room and the number keys showing in another row. Browsing the internet...
  That answers the question you have always refused to answer. So you don't have an iPhone at all, not in any real sense since a 1st generation can't even use any modern apps or even close to the current version of iOS. What does it run iOS 3? Instead of telling people that actually own and use a  modern iPhone to go away why don't you put your money where your mouth is and buy one yourself. You love the current iPhone so much and think a larger screen is such a bad idea...
I think $450 could work and perhaps the $550 price is just the one with larger storage.  All new iPhone base models start at about $650 so this would be $200 cheaper. This could allow carriers to offer it for free or possibly $100 with a subsidy. A brand new Apple iPhone for $450 is still close enough to mid-tier levels that it could sell very well.    It makes sense that they want to ditch the 3.5" and 30 pin and go exclusively with 4" and lightning. I see the...
I always wondered what would happen if Apple bought Yahoo and distanced them from using Bing for search and created a true rival to Google for search that used their own search engine . It would immediately get a lot of use as the default on all iOS and OS X devices. It would certainly effect Google's revenue with so much of it coming from iOS users. Apple never seems to want to do big M&A's and prefer smaller companies but that would be very interesting. Google...