or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I think that even if Samsung decided they eventually wanted to switch completely to Tizen in the future this will be a very slow process while they continue to offer versions in both Android and Tizen. This could last for several years until they think they could fully make the switch. Maybe they will offer the Galaxy S5 in both Android and Tizen versions. Tizen will also need to be able to run Android apps at native or close to native speed for customers to even...
Good point. This leak doesn't really tell us too much in any event. I hope the flagship iPhone includes a lot more reasons to buy it over a plastic iPhone than just the fact that it is made out of aluminum. I hope it includes a much, much faster CPU/GPU, more ram, more storage, the fingerprint scanner would be nice as well. Every time I see an iPhone 5 it is behind a plastic case as is mine. Not sure what percentage use cases but I bet it is a very significant number....
Why don't you go away. That poster you called out made a very valid point. The premium iPhone will need to have some premium features to convince people to pay significantly more than the 5C version. It is very possible this leak was for the 5C and not 5S. Since you didn't bother getting the iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, or 5 I wonder what Apple would need to include to impress you enough to actually buy your own iPhone instead of ridiculing people here. 
I understand why they gave this color zen app away for free. It is really boring. 
Smaller screen? Not one rumor I have seen suggested it would have anything other than the same 4" screen as the iPhone 5. It seems it will be essentially an iPhone 5 in plastic while the iPhone 5S will have improvements to the camera, CPU/GPU, fingerprint and possibly more in addition to being made from more premium materials. 
I remember reading that there are around 800 carriers around the world and Apple is selling the iPhone on 100 of them and Samsung is selling on all 800. Now granted most of the remaining 700 are not as big as the 2 famous ones of China Mobile and DoCoMo. But this still leaves Apple with tremendous growth potential. Samsung have already grown about as much as they can since they are selling on every carrier right now and have been for a while.   It appears APple is...
Google simply has too much of their reputation tied up with Android to consider abandoning it. That makes no sense. If Samsung were to ditch Android for Tizen their sales would plummet if it did not allow access to Google Play store. They both need each other and tensions might get a little strained at times I don't see a divorce imminent. Of course if Samsung figures out a way to get 100% compatibility with Android apps and services that still run at native speed then I...
It will still very likely have an option for a PIN code or some other alternate method to gain access to your phone as a back up. 
  That may be true but the people that scare me the most are friends that drive and refuse to keep their eyes on the road in conversations when I am in the passenger seat. They have to make eye contact and are constantly turning their heads to look at me. I have to berate them to look at the road and stop looking at me. I never turn my head away from road when I am the driver and speaking with a passenger in the car.    Studies show that listening to music is the least...
When the iPhone first came out I already knew it would be hugely popular as a phone but also remember thinking that I wished they could bring that into the car. If they manage to do it right this would provide tremendous expansion for Apple. For me, I would just like a simple way to integrate and view Maps on my car display when needed, access to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and be able to have texts read out and reply by voice, and also hands free voice for calls....