or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I see this is a very likely outcome. A Spring and Fall release. Spring could be a larger iPhone with Fall for the 4" models. If they decide to produce a larger iPhone a staggered release would make more sense to help with any production shortages and supply constraints. It would also help keep the excitement level up year round as opposed to now where interest in the iPhone fades somewhat in the 6 months before a refresh. As much as I hope for a larger iPhone it would suck...
Who is the great "we" of which you speak? ""We" don't know anything of the sorts. I love all these armchair CEO's sitting behind keyboards second guessing one of the best run companies on the planet. 
 You are exactly right. Now that they are repurposing all that old Nextel 800MHz spectrum that should also vastly improve indoor penetration for homes and buildings. The Nextel merger was a complete disaster but at least it is over and done with now and all the old Nextel people that wanted to leave have finally gone and now they can finally operate one network which will save a ton of money and also improve the Sprint network. 
The bald Yahoo douche is at it again. And no I don't have a problem with the fact that he is bald, I just don't know his name. My problem with him is that he is an idiot with an agenda to bash Apple on a weekly basis.    http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/apple-stick-icahn-change-world-150926677.html
That link was not for China Mobile. Big to do about nothing....
 I am not like some people that run the speediest app non-stop but I see speeds anywhere from 5 Mbps to as high as 20Mbps. On a phone at least in my experience anything over 5 Mbps is overkill. It is not like we are downloading massive files so I am not sure what 35Mbps would accomplish on a phone other than Speedtest bragging right. Most of us are just streaming audio/video, using apps, checking, email, or surfing and I never have to wait for data on LTE on any app I use....
I have a gold iPhone 5s on Sprint and at least here in Georgia I have had very good experience with coverage and LTE speeds. I can't speak for anyone but myself but sites like sensorly or root metrics which have free iOS apps are usually able to very accurately predict what your coverage would be like for any given carrier and location. I trust them more than coverage maps by carriers since it is actual real world results by customers. My only disappointment with the 5s,...
All valid points and a good article. Thanks for writing an article that breaks nows the numbers but provides for actual analysis of what they actually mean. Most Apple ANALysts are more interested in reporting any doom and gloom numbers they can find. It is no coincidence that the first letters of that word is "anal" because most of them are dumb asses. But this really doesn't appear to be because they are stupid but rather many seem to have an actual agenda to do their...
Here is a thought, don't buy one! How hard is that? Apple will continue to make a 4" version even if they make a larger one as well. A larger iPhone would still undoubtedly be smaller than a Galaxy S4 and that fits in a front pant pocket very easily. 
Not only will Apple very likely make a 5" version but I predict once they do this or perhaps the year after they will drop the numbers from the iPhone name. I just don't see them releasing an iPhone 9 or 12, it just starts to sound tedious. They can simply have the iPhone c, iPhone (4") and iPhone + (5") which will cover the entire lineup and price points. The switch to Mavericks gave us a good indication they are heading this way by dropping the numbers for OS X.    It...