or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Speaking of Siri, since upgrading to iOS 7 I am getting way to many errors like Can't connect to server, or it simply doesn't register anything at all and you have to try it several more times . Under iOS 6 it worked and understood around 90% of the the time but that has dropped to about 40% to 50% of the time now with iOS 7. It even stalls on extremely simple things like set timer.  Is anyone else that uses Siri frequently having the same issues?
 You heard wrong. http://www.sensorly.com/map
While the Qualcomm guys are running their mouths I wish they would tell us what the hell happened to their RF360 Front End that was rumored to go into the iPhone 5s. I don't know if they had problems with production or something else but it is very disappointing these were not included since it would have meant one iPhone model for each color and storage size instead of 4 or 5 like they must produce now. It also would have meant that some carriers would not have been left...
 Where do you guys get this erroneous info from? I am with Sprint and have an unlocked iPhone that allows me to use it on practically every GSM network in the world except AT&T and T-Mobile in the U.S.  Virgin Mobile USA along with Boost Mobile are also wholly owned subsidiaries of Sprint. They are in fact their pre-paid carriers. I cannot speak about whether a VM iPhone can be unlocked as easily as Sprint but with Sprint at least you simply call their international...
 Then you better check again.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_Mobilehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Mobile_USA
If Apple had done this it would be on CNN, all the national evening news shows, and all over the web within minutes. Has this story gained any traction at all? 
You expect doping scandals in sports but who ever thought they would also show up in smart phone benchmarks.   I hope this story gains a lot of traction beyond just a few Apple sites like this one and makes it into mainstream news outlets as well. Samsung can not get away with lying about how their phone will perform with these amazing benchmark scores and then when people buy and actually use them they fall far short of that.    Talk about a great ad campaign for HTC,...
Siri has been very flaky since I updated. I use Siri quite a lot. I never used to get so many server error message or just being so unresponsive before. I don't get many iMessages as most of my texts are standard messages from devices other than iOS users so I am not sure if I am having any problems with that or not. 
Why do these stories also fail to mention that Boost and Virgin Mobile are simply the pre-paid brands of Sprint. They may be technically separate companies with their own stores, plans, and advertising but they are fully owned by Sprint. So of course they will get the iPhone since this only helps Sprint fill it's sales quota made to Apple. 
 There are now 2 different iPhone models for the U.S. market. One works on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon and the other one is only for Sprint. Furthermore only the Verizon one is unlocked out of the box due to a court settlement. Other iPhones can be unlocked easily but it requires a phone call and then connection to iTunes to complete the unlock. The reason phones can be used on other U.S. carriers has nothing to do with the bands now so much as the ESN in the database...