or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Except that is not what you said at all. You said "Two of the national telecoms (and many of the smaller ones) don’t work with SIM cards." and you were clearly referencing Sprint and Verizon since they are CDMA/LTE carriers. All LTE phones whether iPhone or Android use SIM slots. You can try and backtrack all you want and pretend that is not what you meant but no one is fooled. It doesn't matter what iPhone model you have since all will work with SIM cards and you stated...
 Not true in the least. T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM/LTE like most of Europe and other countries. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA/LTE which is less popular globally. However, ALL of the U.S.  iPhone models have sim card slots and if you unlock them the Sprint and Verizon models can be used on any GSM carrier in the world with the exception of ones in the U.S.A. like AT&T and T-Mobile and even then there are ways to overcome that easily.  I know this because I have an unlocked...
The one thing that worries me about the new Mac Pro is I haven't heard even one word about price. I understand the maxed out one costing a pretty penny but I wonder if Apple will make one also affordable at the entry level as they used to do so often in the past. If they make an entry level model around $2,100 +/- a few hundred I could really see them selling well. If the low end basic model is over $2,500 then it will simply be  overpriced for many people. I expect the...
 I have no control on what phone the people that text me use though. But even the blue/white is not as nice as the old blue/black to me at least. 
How many of you think the green bubbles with white text will last with iOS 8? It is really annoying to me at least. So much harder to read than the black text in the bubbles before. Perhaps if it were a darker shade of green and blue it might be easier on the eyes but I am having a hard time getting used to it. I haven't jailbroken my phone since iOS 5 but might be tempted to again just to change  text message, the phone dialer, and a few other color choices I don't like...
 Actually it is the same device. I would also point out that just because you might get bad service in your neck of the woods means nothing to people in other parts of the country or even other parts of your very own town. I get great coverage from Sprint and also appreciate the fact that I get unlimited LTE data which I take full advantage of on a daily basis. I also take numerous trips around the country and never had a problem with Sprint service in my travels and that...
 It all depends on your zip code. Just use a Verizon friendly zip code. Read the article in the link. You can also use an iPhone on pageplus which uses Verizon you just have to go though a few extra steps to activate it. Plenty of FAQ's that walk people through. 
 Wrong. There are iPhones on Verizon through Straight Talk and Net 10. It also depends on your zip code. Once you know what home network you want, here's how to determine which phones work on that network.NET10 and Straight Talk iPhones and BlackBerrys use the Verizon network.The Huawei W1 Windows Phone uses the AT&T network.NET10 and Straight Talk Android phones use Sprint, AT&T or Verizon depending on model: AT&T: Huawei Inspira, Huawei W1, LG L35G Optimus Logic, LG...
 I pay $60 a month but that includes unlimited internet and also landline phone service. The internet part alone is about $45. I don't know anyone that pays $99 a month for just internet. You wrongly assumed I was on the most expensive plan. I get close to 50MB speeds but have a much cheaper package. No reason to pay more when I already get great speeds for $45.   Usually we bundle it with telephone and also cable TV as a package which also adds to savings and Cox charges...
 I don't know where you found that but it doesn't seem very accurate. I am currently downloading some big files but even with that heavy download going here is my speed. I usually get about 48/15 if I am not downloading files.