or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Get ready for a nice ride towards $640. People that sold or didn't buy in below $510 will soon learn to regret that.
Cellphone service is like politics, it is all local. That is why it pisses me off when people say an entire network sucks because they get poor coverage or slow data in their tiny neck of the woods.(not saying that about your post by the way)  Hell, even within a city or even neighborhood it can vary by a wide margin. Everyone has to do their homework and talk to people you know that live or work where you will use the phone most often and also use 3rd party coverage sites...
Also surprising was the customer satisfaction among the carriers. AT&T 1st, Sprint 2nd, T-Mobile 3rd, and Verizon in last place at 4th. Verizon commercials love to tell us all how great their network is but it seems their actual customers disagree. I am loving unlimited LTE on Sprint. I am getting about 25/8 on average which is not half bad. Anything over 8 on a phone is actually overkill but still nice to have that speed. I can't imagine having to monitor my data usage...
I don't have a Windows computer  but do have several Macs, iPads, and iPhones. Is there a Apple Remote Desktop app to control OS X out for iOS? 
Cricket had their own towers and some roaming agreements with other carriers. But one thing is for sure, they will be owned by AT&T (if the deal gets approved) so not sure what changes AT&T will implement.  http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/12/4518706/what-does-at-ts-deal-to-buy-cricket-mean-to-you
AT&T just bought Leap Wireless a few weeks ago. Leap is the parent company of Cricket. They said at the time they would basically leave Cricket alone to run as an independent but allow them to share AT&T spectrum.
 What do you consider to be a phablet? It is 4.8", 5", 5.3", 5.7" 6"? Just curious what is the dividing line between what you would consider a smartphone vs. a phablet. I am not a fan of Samsung at all but I will admit that their ability to include a much larger display in the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 while keeping the actual size of the phone about the same was a smart move. Apple could also probably make a 4.8" to 5" iPhone model that does not have a noticeably larger...
Does it really matter if the price of a 5c is $50, $100, or even free? That is a tiny fraction of the total cost of ownership over a 2 year contract commitment. Depending on your carrier and plan the total cost over 2 years is likely to be around $1,700. I really don't understand why anyone would choose a 5c over a 5s with just a $100 difference since that works out to only an extra $4.16 per month over the contract for a much better phone. 
Where did I say I didn't use the phone part? I actually talk quite a lot on my iPhone but even now I use a jawbone headset. I simply said I spent more time looking at my display as do most people than talking on my iPhone.  Do I really need to keep explaining why the iPad Mini is not even close to being an option? There is a world of difference between a 4" iPhone and a iPad Mini. Just because I want a bigger display does not mean I want an iPad Mini or even a Galaxy Note...
Ever heard of bluetooth? How about speaker phone? Hell, most people I know rarely even use their phones for voice calls anymore. I spend a hell of a lot more time looking at my display than I do holding it up to my ear.