or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Sprint is also using LTE advanced. The Qualcomm RF360 would be an excellent choice and I really hope it is selected. There are just so many different spectrums and bands used all around the world. It is also excellent news for Sprint since the iPhone will now very likely support their LTE on all their frequencies which include 800MHz, 1.9 GHz spectrum, and  2.5 GHz spectrum. The 2.5GHz will use TDD-LTE Band 41. Sprint is currently deploying FDD-LTE in 1900 MHz Band 25...
I read it and already knew Apple wasn't doomed. It was a very stupid title though and something like "Why Apple isn't doomed in 2013 or beyond" for example would have been a better choice.  But you know who else isn't doomed? Google and Samsung. They will keep on trucking on just fine. No one is doomed with the exception of the also rans like Sony (smart phone division not whole company), Blackberry, LG (again smart phone division only), HTC, Nokia, and others. I expect...
I have been with an iPhone for nearly 2 years first on a 4S and now on a 5. Before that I was with Android since the iPhone wasn't offered on my carrier and I absolutely detested AT&T since that was my previous carrier and the coverage sucked for me. I literally couldn't make a call inside my home and had to go out in the yard with AT&T. Here is my take. iOS 6 is a very stable and functional OS that is far and away better than Android 2.3 AKA gingerbread. That was the...
Not sure what the title had to do with the actual story or if sarcasm really served a purpose. The story also reads like a compilation of previous editorials here. I feel like I had deja vu and was reading a remix of the best hits from the past. It rehashed that Android is fragmented. It hinted that there is some discord among Google and Samsung and others. All of this has been said before so not really sure what new ground if any this article broke. Neither Android or...
    Do you have hot spot shield installed or anything similar? How about Little Snitch or similar? If not, try opening system preferences then security&privacy and turning off firewall and see if Netflix loads. If it does, there is your issue. You can also create a spare account in users and see if it works
  I assume you can already see the boot screen now with the card you have right? Then go ahead and install the latest CUDA drivers from Nvidia before you install the new card. If your current card is a Mac EFI native card and you have 2 monitors, leave it in there if you have room and you ever need to boot into CLI
Nvidia off the shelf PC cards work fine with a few caveats. First, make sure you install the latest CUDA drivers from Nvidia before you install the card. Also be aware that your will not see a grey start up screen with the Apple logo, it will boot straight to the desktop.    I solved that issue since I have triple monitors. I have an older ATI Mac native card for one and the other two monitors are connected to my PC Nvidia card. SO in case I ever need to boot to CLI for...
What right or reason do you have to come to every single article and derail and hijack it with your endless battles waging a war on trolls. You do realize that you have become the thing you profess to hate.  Quoting them and replying like a troll adds no value to the discussion which I thought was about the new Apple ad campaign. Neither of your comments in this thread mentioned the topic. Why not report the posts you find offensive, ignore them instead of quoting them...
Thanks to DVR's I thankfully don't have to suffer from too many commercials. I tend to record the shows I want to watch and skip them. June has a lot of re-runs so I do channel surf a bit more now and have watched more commercials. One thing that always catches my attention is the music. Some commercials have songs that I had never heard but just immediately like and others that I viscerally hate. One example is a song that is now extremely overplayed by a dozen or more...
    I was sitting here trying to think of how to express my thoughts on the ad and just read your post and you nailed it. The first 2 or 3 times I watched it I actually liked it but now I just tune out. It is beginning to look like stock footage and doesn't engage me anymore. I also think a designed in the U.S.A. might have had more cachet than California which means nothing to people that don't live there and for many that might even have a negative connotation. Think...