or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Anyone with an iPhone and an iPad tends to use the iPad at home far more than the iPhone for that exact reason. But hauling around an iPad Mini with me outside of the home is not a viable option. It is too big and not pocketable like a 4.8" iPhone would be.  I have viewed and handled enough phones like the HTC DNA, HTC one, Galaxy S4 and my own Evo before I got my first iPhone to know that I prefer a larger display and it would better suit my usage. Why is so hard to...
No irony. You are right I have no idea how well it would sell. It might flop and it might sell twice as many as the 4" little sister. My gut tells me it would sell better IF it were priced the same and probably lower sales if priced higher. If Apple expands the line with a 3rd model I would expect them to keep the different pricing and would add an extra $100 to the price or $299 on contract. The only way this debate will ever be settled is if it comes to pass. But as soon...
 In reality you have no idea how well a larger iPhone around 4.8" for example would sell. What proof do you have that there isn't a massive pent-up demand by current iPhone owners for a larger screen? I have bought a 4S, 5, and now 5s and I hate the screen sizes and want a larger display. I hate Android more so I stick with the iPhone but that doesn't mean I like the display size. Not to mention possibly millions of Android users who only buy a Glaxy for the display size...
TD-LTE is not limited to China Mobile. Sprint is using that for all the 2500 MHz spectrum they acquired from Clearwire also called band 41. They will have around 6,000 towers with TD-LTE by the end of the year. These towers will provide around 50 Mbps. All their other towers on 800 and 1900 will use FD-LTE. Both new iPhones support TD-LTE in some bands, but not Band 41 that's needed by Sprint. China Mobile has authorized bands 38, 39 and 40 in 2.6 GHz, 1900 MHz and 2.3...
 If Apple makes a larger version of the iPhone they would likely keep a 4" version as well. There would be no reason to compromise with a 4.5" making the current customers who like the smaller display unhappy because they think 4.5" is too big and the people like me that want a larger display unhappy because we think 4.5" is still too small. It would be a fantastic line up with a an iPhone 6c as their entry, iPhone 6 as the 5s upgrade and an iPhone 6+ or whatever they...
 I agree. I think it is EXTREMELY unlikely Apple would release 2 new models alsong with the updates for the 5c and 5s for a total of 4. They will likely just add one larger display model and it certainly would have a better resolution than 1280*720. This is often the case a year in advance where rumors are way off the mark. I think most people expect for Apple to make a larger version in the 4.7" to 5" range. Any iPhone about that size would satisfy the vast majority of...
A larger iPhone is the final and last missing piece of the puzzle. I think it will easily outsell the 4" version assuming it is priced the same. But I imagine it will add an extra $100 to the price as Apple tends to do which may decrease sales to a degree. There is a huge pent up demand from current iPhone owners that have been begging for a larger screen. There are also many Android users who cite the small iPhone display as the only reason they stick with Android....
When will some of us ever get our 5s? I ordered a gold one as soon as I could which was about 30 minutes after they went on sale online and still am seeing a 4 to 6 week estimate on shipping. Had I known it would take that long I would have ordered a different color and been using it by now.  I hope Apple can speed things up a bit because that is a very long time to wait. 
Speaking of Siri, since upgrading to iOS 7 I am getting way to many errors like Can't connect to server, or it simply doesn't register anything at all and you have to try it several more times . Under iOS 6 it worked and understood around 90% of the the time but that has dropped to about 40% to 50% of the time now with iOS 7. It even stalls on extremely simple things like set timer.  Is anyone else that uses Siri frequently having the same issues?
 You heard wrong. http://www.sensorly.com/map