or Connect

Posts by gwmac

One thing Samsung got right on the Note 3 and the GS4 is increasing the display size while keeping the actual phone about the same size. The forehead and the chin areas of the iPhone takes up a lot of space. The iconic home button will likely remain circular instead of oblong so not much they can do to reduce the footprint of the chin area but surely they could reduce the forehead area. Right now I am debating whether to get the Note 3 or iPhone 5S. I really want the...
 I think you made some great points. Apple will be able to offer all parts of the Trusted platform. Having said that I don't see payment by phone over actually just using your credit card catching on very soon unless several things fall into place. All my credit cards for example are cash back cards. They offer promotions like 5% cash back on gas for certain periods. They also offer an additional one year extended warranty on anything I buy. Unless I can keep getting those...
Maybe the Note 3 will include a fingerprint scanner and maybe it will be utter crap or maybe it won't include one at all. But let's wait and see the actual product before we make such pronouncements. It is not like we have to rely on rumors for long since it will be released today. My worry is that it might be inferior but will be perceived as simply "good enough" to the general public. Few Galaxy Note buyers have ever been iPhone customers so this won't really effect...
That doesn't address my question. Does it take Samsung and other companies as long to get through the approval process in China as it takes Apple. How many weeks/months did it take to get the approval for the S4 for example vs. release dates in other countries.    Edit: I did a quick web search an it seems it was released in China in late April which is the same as other countries including the U.S. Could it be that other companies simply finalize their phones far sooner...
Ballmer was good for Apple so I am sorry to see him go. Good in the sense that he weakened a competitor.  A good CEO can turn things around. For proof you only need to look at Yahoo and their recent change of fortune. A new CEO for Microsoft could do the same thing. 
Do other companies like Samsung have to wait an extra 2 months to get their approval as well? Why does it take this long to approve a substantially similar phone to the one it is replacing. It seems like Apple didn't grease the right palms in Beijing. 
Like you I also would love a la carte channel selection if (and a very big if) it were priced lower than what I currently pay. But the reality is that a la carte channel selection would result in higher monthly bills not cheaper. We would paying the same amount for the 10 channels we really want as we pay now for the 150 we may not watch.    This short video explains...
Yeah it really does solve your problem since you would never again see a channel you don't subscribe to and have to look at that message again. The only other solution would be to subscribe to the channels so you don't see that error message. Do you expect to be able to watch HBO or other channels where you see this message without paying for them? I gave you a solution you obviously were unaware existed. You are welcome. 
  Are you actually serious? It may differ depending on who you use but very simple to go into menu settings and edit your favorite channels and choose your channel list and choose not to display certain channels in your guide. I removed all the channels I don't subscribe to as well as about 100 more I can watch but never will. 
As long as the content for the AppleTV is delivered by cable companies or by DSL or fiber these companies still have plenty of leverage. There is a whole lot of mischief they could cause if they chose to do so.