or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Pedro, neither you nor I nor anyone here knows what goes into the decision making behind closed doors at Apple, Samsung, HTC, or any other company. You have no idea if they can or can't make a 4" phone equivalent to the S4 or HTC One. Perhaps they feel that their money is better spent on making larger phones and there isn't a large enough Android market to bother for people than want 4". But you cannot sit there and say they are incapable of making such a device because...
Well the reason for my chart is because the 16GB iPhone 4S is now being sold new off contract for $549. A $100 drop to $449 though not cheap is pretty significant. I just don't think Apple will try and compete in the sub $400 market. I also don't think they want to make any new phones with only 8GB as this would not give a very good experience for the end user since storage would quickly fill up. $449 would still be a cheaper iPhone at $100 cheaper than the current 4S but...
Your guess is as good as any. Assuming iOS 7 gets completed soon enough I would guess around early September.
  It is fine to call that collective group stupid, my point was not to directly call another poster stupid. Your very well stated posts proves my point by elevating the discussion since you made some great points. You beat him down with salient arguments and didn't need to tell him to shut up and go away which adds nothing of value but more noise. It is best to fight fire with water not more fire. All we can do is flag posts by trolls and let the mods do their job and...
Nice piece Dan and I agree with you. Just a suggestion, please include more videos to show the beauty of iOS 7 and specific features since photos just don't do it justice. The one by Apple is good but incomplete. I am extremely excited to actually use the final release. I am loving what I have seen so far. I was one of those that called iOS 6 a bit stale and had a lot of personal pet peeves and I stand by it especially now that I see what iOS 7 includes. Nearly all my...
It appears you want to go out again in a blaze of glory. One can only hope next time it will stick.  If the comments you were replying to were that stupid why not argue the facts and make a cogent and well reasoned argument instead of personal attacks and telling him to shut up and go away?    I also disagree with his comments. For one I think Tim Cook has given the strongest indication yet that he will release a larger iPhone by stating that it will happen when no...
Yes network vision will benefit Virgin Mobile and Boost and any other MVNO that uses Sprint. I gave you a link above. That site is dedicated to nothing but network vision information and is a great site to see the progress in your city or ask questions. 
I agree. It is not the plastic that is bad per se just that other companies have done a piss poor job. In some respects at least plastic can offer advantages over metal in terms of better signal penetration and less chance of damage from drops and perhaps a few more. Maybe I am an oddball in that I really have never thought much about the looks or the materials of my phone. They always go in a case for me from day 1 and this has served me well. I am far more concerned...
Since you are in Seattle the network vision update shouldn't take that much longer. It appears they are about 1/3 done now and might finish as soon as September. Go to this thread for more specific Seattle info   http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1269-network-visionlte-west-washington-market-seattlepuget-sound-region/page-32
  Apple likes simplicity and hates fragmentation and confusion. Continuing to sell a 3.5" phone that uses the old 30 pin connector seems unlikely. If all iPhones sold are standardized on a 4" display then all apps will move to that native resolution far faster. You would also see a massive increase in available lightning accessories by the elimination all 30 pin products from the line up which includes the iPad 2 as well. All lightning and all 4" phones this year will...