or Connect

Posts by gwmac

To imagine pricing for a new iPhone you have to look at current pricing. The base 16GB model is $649. I doubt that will change. It will get better specs and probably the base model will move to 32GB but I am confident that $649 price will stick.   That means the most likely price for a cheaper iPhone which would replace the 4/4S/5 models would very likely be a base model with a $449 price.    Flagship iPhone  32GB $199 on contract $649 unsubsidized  64GB $299...
  Sprint is doing something radically different with their network than what AT&T or Verizon are doing. Their network vision is turning their entire network into a multi-modal one. They are essentially rolling out an entire new network with new equipment while maintaining the old equipment until the new network is complete.  An advantage of a multi-modal infrastructure is that it is more efficient and subscribers will get to hop on the right band depending if they’re...
I have no idea how accurate this rendering is or even if Apple will release a less expensive version of the iPhone. Since this is all pure speculation I can say that if such an iPhone is released that is what I would imagine it to look like. If both phones will be 4" versions they will have to differentiate them on other specs like the CPU, camera, case, storage, and other features. I don't see Apple selling this unsubsidized for less than $449. At that price that would...
Virgin Mobile along with Boost are fully owned subsidiaries of Sprint. Sprint pays the Virgin group a licensing fee to use the name. They are not a MVNO for Sprint like Ting Mobile since they are owned by Sprint and are simply their pre-paid brand. 
The answer could come in the form or wireless, over the power lines, or something we don't even know about yet. Unfortunately most cities and states don't have the freedom to do what Chattanooga was able to do and offer the fastest internet in the country while also keeping the prices very affordable to the end user. They also are able to restore power to homes in outages in seconds instead of hours or days thanks to their smart grid. I would love for my city to copy...
Oh I know, I have a pretty big house and a total of 6 TV's in the rooms. All of them used to have a DirecTV receiver but I partially cut the cord by canceling the box on 3 of them and replacing them with either a digital antenna and a Roku box that I use for Netflix and Plex from my Mac. If it were just me I would cut the cord completely but other family members are less amenable to that idea so I am left paying the bill to DirecTV every month. But at least it is about...
Lucky, I wish I had that option. I wonder if Aero will be able to spread nationwide because I would love to do that as well.    I think congress let cable companies get away with bloody murder because they are about the only group less popular than congress. 
Eventually cable companies will get to the point that we pay as much for our internet subscription as we did both both internet and TV not long ago. Every year it seems the rate goes up. If we had real competition for broadband in more than just a few select areas then perhaps they would wield less power. Those people in Chattanooga are indeed very lucky and I hope more towns follow their example. Nothing they can do will keep more and more people from cutting the chord....