or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I agree with everything in your post except the part about NFC. I doubt Apple will add that unless it augments Passbook.    It also make a lot of sense to have two big iPhone announcements twice a year. Once in the fall every year for the two 4" models and once in the Spring with a larger iPhone. This is what they used to do with the iPad as the big Spring announcement. It would also allow them to use newer components in the larger version  which requires less engineering...
First of all there that been fragmentation in iOS land for some time. It hasn't been that big of a deal. We are not talking about dozens of displays or resolutions like they have for Android just one addition. Developers would quickly and easily modify their apps just like they did for all the previous changes.    I have no idea why you think the techies are requesting this. Although I am sure some techies might prefer a larger screen that is not the key demographic....
Yes I used to have a Denon receiver that was a goldish color and I liked it very much. 
  Exactly. That is why it is all the more frustrating to read dozens of articles discussing the shade of gold that will be used and other relatively unimportant details and almost nothing about the new radio that will be used. A universal radio would open to the door selling the iPhone to EVERY single customer in the world regardless if their carrier has a contract with Apple or not as long as they would activate it on their networks. They would have little reason not to...
Even with a new color there will likely be less SKU's than currently since they will likely use a radio that will work on all bands all over the world regardless if they use CDMA/GSM/FD-LTE/TD-LTE. Currently they have to make 3 maybe 4 different iPhone models which adds up when you take into account they have to do this for each 16/32/64GB models.    This all assumes they will use the new Qualcomm RF360 or similar which is not guaranteed by any means but does seem...
I disagree and think that people that would be attracted to this color would prefer a uniform color just like the white and black versions of the iPhone offer. It is all personal taste but I just don't like the contrast and see no reason why the front face has to stick with black or white. This is after all the part of your phone that you view the most and if you wanted a white iPhone why not just get one.    Part of the problem is also just the relatively large part of...
If they want to go with a champagne gold color then go all the way. I don't like the white face. While using the phone all you would see is the white on the front which defeats the purpose of offering a new color. 
Since I always have and always will use a case with an extended battery for protection and extra juice the color or design of a new iPhone really is unimportant to my decision. But I don't think it looks as bad as some people here seem to think. Only having 2 colors for a long time is getting a bit boring. I will definitely be choosing a new color case for my next phone as I am tired of black. I prefer darker colors though so hope I can find a dark blue case. 
  That is what I think as well. It will replace the 4, 4S and the 5. It will also very likely include the new Qualcomm RF360 front end which means Apple can make one model of the iPhone 5C and 5S instead of the 3 or 4 they need to make now. They will still make numerous models based on colors and storage but those are relatively minor compared to the current need for making 3 of each SKU. This alone will result in an incredible cost savings.    I also find it very...
I use it all the time and it works fine for me. It could be an issue on your end with your ISP, router, computer, firewall, or any number of issues. Just because you are having problems with Skype you can't make a blanket statement that it is bad. Although I will admit I prefer the old interface of Skype over the newer version which is more confusing.