or Connect

Posts by gwmac

A few years ago Box offered 50GB for free so I signed up with 2  accounts so now have a total of 100GB of completely free storage. I also think Box has a better interface and is is more intuitive than Dropbox. You can't beat 100GB for free and so far it seems to be enough for my iOS needs. Any other Box users?
 I think they would likely include an adapter for free with an iPhone or iPod. This would be a really major change and including a free adapter would help mitigate the criticism. I doubt an adapter would cost very much since you are only carrying audio which is a lot less complicated than a video or data signal. Perhaps one other reason for this move is that Apple eventually wants to make a waterproof iPhone and the headphone jack is a hard one to protect from water. Since...
The best sounding headphones I ever owned was a gaming/voip type headset that included a mic. It connected to my Mac by USB. The sound was simply amazing. The headset itself was only around $50 but the sound it gave easily rivaled those $300 headsets to my ears. They were very large and heavy but also very comfortable for very extended use. Impractical to use outside of a home though. No reason why lightning would not also deliver that crisp and clean sound as well. I...
I wonder how the watch band will connect to the actual watch part. Will this just be one seamless type piece or can you disconnect the watch part and therefore allow possible third parties to make bands. I am sure there would be a thriving market for bands in all shapes, sizes, colors, and materials if it can be detached.   I also wonder how adjustable and comfortable the band will be. I have a Breitling watch and it slips and slides a bit on my wrist. And since the...
Just got alert on my iPhone. Dow and S&P closed at record highs today
I understand that, but simply thought your point could have been made without quoting me at all. It stood on it's own merits as a separate discussion. It actually was an interesting tidbit of info. $165 seems a lot further down the road than $142 when your stating point is now around $90. 
 Except we weren't discussing a trillion dollar market cap. We were talking about $1,000 per share. You are the first person to mention 1 trillion so that is an interesting tidbit but rather irrelevant to the discussion.  $1,000 ÷ 7 =  $142.86. 
 Really? I have always believed that your typical small time investors are more long term types that will hold for years or even decades. The headaches with taxes and capital gains is but one reason. Also the type of people I am talking about are teachers, construction workers, small business owners, etc.. who are simply far too busy to actively monitor their Ameritrade accounts and buy and sell often. I could be wrong of course but I think individual, middle class type...
At the 7-1 split evaluation, AAPL would only need to reach a price of around $142 per share to be at the old $1,000 per share evaluation. I can see AAPL climbing to around $125 with just the iPhone 6 alone. 
I understand what you are saying but the stock market is as much about psychology as financial fundamentals. You cannot simply dismiss that. Panic sells often happen for no actual reason just from a false rumor and the same thing happens on false good rumors. If you look at stock orders, the vast majority from individual investors are in blocks of ten. There is just something more satisfying or comforting about buying 10 shares over 8, or 200 over 187.  People that were...