or Connect

Posts by gwmac

It might not have been you then which is why I asked. A few here did make statements to that effect though. 
 Sorry you won't be able to since you swore off all Apple products if the Beats deal went through. That was you wasn't it?
This actually reminded me of the episode from Silicon Valley (The HBO series) from last night. They run the compression test and it blows away past results. Did anyone else that watched the episode last night think the same thing?    I don't know enough about Swift to say much beyond the fact that I think it looks very impressive and once developers get through that initial painful transition phase where they have to relearn some things their lives just got a whole lot...
But headphones are not like a smartphone because they will work with any phone you have. No OS upgrades, contracts, or anything like that. I still think the Shure and Sennheiser sound better because since that time I ended up buying a pair of Sennheiser myself and we both tested them out compared to his Beats phones and even he agreed mine sounded better. He regrets his decision now that he actually had a chance to compare them side by side but even now would probably not...
My original negative take was based off of a headphone purchase a young friend of mine made several months back. He often consults me about any tech type questions and asks my opinion. He wanted some high quality headphones and was trying to decide between a few different Beats models. I did some research and gave him a few suggestions for models by Shure and Sennheiser instead were actually cheaper but seemed to get far better ratings from some pro review sites. He would...
Very true that this is really not that big of a gamble. The headphone division alone should pay off the deal in a few short years. The staff from Beats that will now work with Apple and their streaming platform that allows Apple to get a foot in the door there as all are really just icing on the cake. I was against the deal when I first heard about it but now I see it as a smart move. I still think companies like Netflix, Broadcom, or Nintendo could also make great...
Smart home automation is already a big market and it will be massive pretty soon. I can really see Apple making big inroads here. The current players offer products that are very discordant and also very expensive. Lots of competing and incompatible technologies that consumers are expected to make work together or simply outfit your whole home with one type and hope that company stay in business. Apple with it's scale, knowledge of hardware and software, and also great...
No. If it is too big there is speakerphone mode, the headset Apple includes, or 3rd party bluetooth headsets. Not to mention that people talk less and less on their phones now. A 5.5" iPhone would still likely weigh far less than traditional land line phones.  Viewing the display takes up far more of the time spent on an iPhone than holding it to your face for voice calls and Apple is aware of this evolution in usage patterns. People that would be attracted to a 5.5"...
 In all honesty I really and not bothered what they call the phones. Like you said it is a rather unimportant detail to me and I am more invested in the actual products. Regardless of what they are called, I am comforted in the fact that it will be a YAITSWB  iPhone model. (Yet another iPhone TS won't buy) It must really grate on his nerves that a person he called insane and psychotic person is able to buy and activate every new iPhone that is released. Perhaps if he spent...
In point of fact I asked you if you and TS are relying on precedent why did Apple stop selling the iPhone 5 when the 5s came out and you chose to ignore that point. The 5c replaced would would have been the 5 in the product matrix just like the 6c will replace the 5s which will be EOL just like the 5 was. I am the one with logic and precedent while you and TS can only hem and haw and stomp your feet like petulant children.