or Connect

Posts by gwmac

No it just sounds like you want to justify the choices you made and are not open to smarter alternatives. Many people invest heavily in a concept or technology and when someone challenges that and offers a better alternative they take great offense and take it personally as you seem to have done. Reminds me of the reaction from a friend that owned a crappy Dell Windows computer that was constantly having issues when I suggested he buy a Mac. He was furious at me and got...
 So did my friend who lives there in a 500 square foot studio until I told him about ductless and he switched. He is grateful to have his window back and also have a much cooler apartment with lower energy bills. 
 I live in the deep south and have a Mac Pro so I think I know a lot more about this than you give me credit. It can sometimes hover around 100 degrees in the dead of night. I have installed ductless units in less than 2 hours by myself. It might take a little longer but not by much and you will not remove an entire window from view. They also last far longer, are more easily serviced, and are far more energy efficient. You can buy some for around $700 and lower which is...
No in fact I pointed out ductless units that are far more energy efficient than window units already include fuzzy logic and remote controls and have been around for years. These used to be primarily used in Asia and Europe but are catching on here. You obviously didn't click my link. Ductless units also provide heat in addition to cooling which I am not sure if this one does. They also do not remove an entire window from normal use since you mount only the blower at the...
Yeah but if the thermostat and AC is in your living room it will always be much cooler in there than your bedroom and still turn off too soon. Either set it for 60 degrees so your bedroom can reach around 70, buy a unit for your bedroom, or rent an apartment that has air conditioning for all the rooms.  
 And exactly how would this improve your situation? It sounds like you need a separate AC unit in your bedroom if the cool air isn't reaching there. Or a cheaper alternative would be one or even two window fans. Close all the windows in your home except for one near your bed and the one with the window fan which can be in another part of the house and if you position your bed near that open window it will suck in the cool night air and the fan will blow out the hot indoor...
Who uses a window unit anymore? I haven't seen one of those types of AC in years. Most people with homes will use a central air unit for the whole house. If you only need a small space heated or cooled there have also been ductless units with fuzzy logic, timers, and include remotes for years like these ones. A ductless unit like these seems far preferable to a window unit that puts you at risk for home burglary with easy access to getting in your home. I don't see...
Because this involves Jesse Jackson and large billion dollar companies it made big news. But what you don't see are the much smaller cases of enforced diversity training courses all over the country. One such example involved a friend of mine who is a teacher. She has been star teacher numerous times and has won many teaching awards. She does not have a racist bone in her body.  Her school district paid over $300,000 for a 3 day seminar to a groups of scammers from a...
The Rainbow Coalition is a rather silly name because a rainbow would suggest Jackson and his group support a variety of minorities which is never the case. How many boycotts has he threatened over Asian, Latino, gay, or women issues? The only time Jesse or Al choose to chime in is over perceived slights against blacks. There is no rainbow coalition.  This is simply a group that does it's best to extort money from gullible companies as hush money. Didn't Microsoft just hire...
Oh really then why is it on every online survey I have seen both recent and ones going back to 2011, even on Apple focused websites, the larger display choices always trounce the demand for sticking with 4". I challenge you to find a recent and reputable poll where 4" wins over a larger variant.  I realize anecdotal evidence is hardly proof of anything but at the same time it is very hard to dismiss and among my family, friends, co-workers, and just people you meet in...