or Connect

Posts by gwmac

This would certainly be an easy to way watch Hulu content on your TV without paying the monthly fee. Also the network sites like ABC, NBC, etc..that stream full episodes. I use a PS3 for Netflix and also Plex to stream content from my Mac but for streaming website content directly I simply connected my Mac directly to my TV with an HDMI cable. So for me at least this seems like a very cheap and easy way to remove a little cable clutter and not need to have my Mac running...
Not even close. The buyback at most could have effected around $5 to $10 a share and even then that is very temporary. Apple is trading unreasonably low  due to a lot of stupidity and manipulation by large hedge funds that want a great bargain to get it as low as possible then start loving the stock again and watch their profits soar. Apple should easily be trading at $550 or higher today if you simply look at fundamentals. 
It is technically possible like you said but would be extremely difficult and unlikely for a company the size of Apple. Michael Dell managed to do that with Dell but that is a far, far smaller company.    I don't know about the rest of you AAPL owners but I have spent enough time in the basement in the $400's purgatory and am ready to enjoy the penthouse suite again. A meteoric rise that happened like last time when it shot up to over $700 hopefully will not be repeated...
I was curious about the Moto X so did a little research. It is not meant to compete with the S4, HTC One, or even High end Motorola phones. But it does have very impressive specs for a phone at only $299 off contract for the 16GB and $349 for 32GB. It blows aways the specs of most other Android phone sold for less than $500.      http://www.knowyourmobile.com/motorola/motorola-x/19975/moto-x-specs-price-and-release-date-rumours
I'm assuming you missed the post I was replying to where the guy said he was going to buy a Chromecast and also thought he needed to buy a Nexus tablet as well. 
But even a single user often can need 2 separate accounts to make life easier. One corporate one personal for example.    Blackberry also did that for their new OS and that feature was widely praised for exactly that reason. On my Mac I have 3 users accounts just for myself because I need them. 
  If you have all Apple products including a Mac why not just use the free Chrome browser on OS X to stream to Chromecast? No need to buy an Android device. 
$20 bucks after a 3 free month Netflix credit is an amazing deal. Personally I prefer my PS3 and the ability to just sit on the sofa and switch from regular TV to Netflix without an added layer of complexity by using my computer or phone to stream the content. But I can see this product selling very well. Great impulse buy and gift option. 
So Google figured out these problems on 4.3 and so did Apple on OS X but you think they can't on iOS.... I have no idea how it should be implemented, that was just off the top of my head. But I am sure it could be done. And like other features in iOS that you may not use you would be free to ignore this one as well. It astounds me that people could possibly be against a guest user account. It is like the inmates arguing against changing the jail lunch menu and offer...
Absolutely. Texting is horrible. I would love to have a larger keyboard that also includes the number keys and other symbols. Games, web browsing, videos, well pretty much any app just looks better on a larger display.   I agree they shouldn't be all over the place. Just have 2 sizes of 4" and somewhere around 5". Developers will moan and groan a little bit like they did when resolutions have changed in the past but they will get over it and adapt their apps very quickly.