or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Even when Apple dropped below $400 and I begged friends and family to buy at that price it was still a a fairly expensive buy. Just 10 shares would have cost $4,000 back then. Of course that $4,000 investment would now be worth over $6,400 and those 10 shares would now be 70 but hindsight is always 20/20. My point is most people like to buy at least 100 at a time. This will be a lot easier to do with one share hovering around $90 to $100. This could open AAPL up to...
I have no technical reason for stating this because I am no programmer. I can hold my on with some HTML and some scripts but when it comes to C and other languages I am lost. What I want to say is based strictly off a gut feeling, but I think Swift might not only be the biggest news this WWDC but possibly in many years. From what I can gather this is a leaner, meaner, more modern language that could allow an entire new generation and pool of talent that were scared to...
 Don't be ridiculous. It was clear I was strictly speaking about the U.S.  This is after all a U.S. based English speaking website. I doubt I would need to add a stipulation on a Japanese, german, or Chinese Apple site I meant foreign carriers either. 
the only 2 carriers that currently offer wifi calling are Sprint and T-Mobile. As long as you turn it on and can connect to wifi, simply make or receive a call from any platform or carrier normally. If you get a good wifi signal you will have amazing voice quality on the call. A weak or slow wifi signal then not so great. This is great for many indoor situations where you may not get a strong cell signal.  When you turn wifi calling on for the first time you get a new PRL...
You paid Verizon and AT&T shills used to only bash Sprint. Nice to see you have expanded to bash T-Mobile as well. If you are an actual customer, then feel free to change to a carrier that works for you. T-Mobile is contract free and most people I know on it are very happy. Most people I personally know on Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon are also happy with their carriers. There is no no such ting as a perfect carrier for everyone so try someone new until you find one that world...
I have really never cared who did what first. But Apple sure does a good job at doing things better. They might take their sweet time but when they finally choose to implement a feature it works and works well. So thanks for all the beta testing on Android, the golden master is almost here. 
Very happy to hear this news. I can't wait to get a keyboard that includes arrow keys. It can be so frustrating at times trying to edit words or navigate without arrow keys. I was quite the speed demon with Swype when I used Android years ago so I hope it is like riding a bike. A swipe keyboard along with arrows will make my life a lot easier when I need to use the keyboard. Of course a larger iPhone that allows for a physically larger keyboard  space will also be a huge...
Not true. VoLTE is mostly on the network/tower end. MetroPCS had VoLTE up and running in fact before they were bought by T-Mobile. the 5s is fully capable of VoLTE on a network that supports it. 
Sprint also offers the wifi calling on Android phones and it looks like iOS 8 will open wifi calling to Sprint customers as well which is very nice. I have used a Femtocell in the past and although they work well and are given to users free on Sprint at least, it was one more device that had to stay plugged in, took up space, and also used a valuable ethernet port on my Airport router. Surprised to hear that AT&T and Verizon had the audacity to charge people for...
It might not have been you then which is why I asked. A few here did make statements to that effect though.