or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Of course you are correct. I have a DVI-HDMI cable, is it fair to call it a HDMI cable? No, because that would require HDMI on both ends. A USB-lightning cable doesn't magically transfer data faster than a micro-USB or mini-USB. It still transfers the data at standard USB2 speed.     Let's assume Apple make a Thunderbolt to lightning cable. Would it transfer at thunderbolt or USB2 speed? The memory used in the iPhone and iPad is not even fast enough to even take full...
First of all I own and use an iPhone not an Android so I have no idea where that came from.  I don't blindly support or advocate Android or iOS/iPhone for that matter. I have complaints about both. iOS 7 looks to have answered most of my wish list for iOS and if Apple releases a larger display I won't have anything left to complain about.   I simply pointed out that iOS has not been immune as that other poster suggested. I understand that there is a lot more malware on...
Not sure if you can say zero for iOS.     http://www.pcworld.com/article/258803/watch_out_trojan_horse_found_in_the_ios_app_store.html   http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/FinFisher-trojan-for-iOS-and-Android-sighted-1695754.html
In his defense he has never denied that he was Corrections. He has also thanked people for pointing out certain typos from time to time. He has never once denied that this was his account and the name alone makes it fairly obvious.    I am pretty sure most people wanted you to separate ( the verb form pronounced sepəˌrāt not the adjective) from ever posting on AI again.  I would be careful asking AI to ban DED's account since he actually draws viewers here especially so...
A bit disingenuous to start your story off with a line that  you "interviewed" Steve Jobs when in reality you asked a question at a stock holders meeting. An interview implies a face to face detailed conversation or at the very least a series of questions or something a little more intimate than asking a question over a mic far away in a crowded room. You can also have telephone or Skype interviews, but again I would think that would mean a series of questions. This...
Agreed. many of them are just MVNO's that lease from the big 4. Cricket was one of the last few remaining that had their own network. Who else is even left? U.S. Cellular is the only one that comes to mind that isn't an MVNO with any significant amount of customers. It also sucked that Verizon bought out Alltel. 
I had no idea MS had Nokia locked down that tightly. Nokia still have a lot of fans around the world I just think most of them don't want a Nokia phone with Windows. I wonder if they will offer Android in 2016 when their deal with MS expires. (assuming they are still around by then) 
Cricket have some very competitive plans and if they keep the pricing and get to use AT&T's network that would be a good deal. I wonder what the catch will be to keep people on the standard AT&T plans. Probably older and low end phones only and small data allowances I am guessing. Current customers would also need to switch their CDMA phones to GSM ones but the deal probably won't be complete for around a year so no changes anytime soon.
I wonder if Nokia would not have been more successful had they simply gone with Android. Or perhaps their own Linux which was called Maemo I think. WebOS was actually a pretty cool mobile OS that I think is far superior to Windows which they could probably buy for a song now. I think Nokia may need to consider offering some new options besides Windows only. Tizen is open source and also can run Android apps I believe.
It is good to have product launches a bit more staggered throughout the year. It seems like in the last year or two you have a lot of Mac and iOS devices all released within a few months and then many other months of the year there is nothing. It would be good to have a new launch of a product every quarter at least. If they ever decide to do a more affordable iPhone, keep the current one, and also add a larger one as well I think it would also make sense to launch them...