or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I just don't see the appeal of these devices. How hard is it really to take your phone out of your pocket which can do everything and more? A smart watch would have to offer something truly unique and of value to me. Those IGZO screens are impressive especially since they can be curved. But even then I just don't see the value. I have a very nice Breitling watch that I hardly ever wear except when I get dressed up or for special occasions. I admit I wear it more as a...
I am sure the Verizon employees would be thrilled at making thousands less in salary a year. Verizon would never do that. Samsung and others are essentially subsidizing the salary of Verizon employees so why would Verizon stop that free cash flow to their employees they don't have to pay?    If Apple wants these sales reps to push the iPhone as hard as Android phones then they need to match or at least increase their spiff. All sales reps will always try and make the most...
There is nothing Apple can do. They can't demand that other companies change their sales policies. As I said before I am sure Verizon and other carriers are fine that Samsung and others pay their sales reps perhaps several extra thousand a year in salary which means they have less need to raise their salary to keep them on staff. The only thing Apple can do if they are unhappy with this is to increase their own spiff. Unless you are independently wealthy and working as a...
I think the spiff's aka commission to sales rep comes from the manufactures not from Verizon or Best Buy. If that is the case Apple can always choose to match the spiff or at least increase it enough to incentivize them enough to try a little harder. I don't think Verizon or Best Buy can do anything to get their reps to push the iPhone if the bonus money is coming from Samsung, HTC, or Motorola directly other than ban spiff's completely which I doubt they would ever do...
Fraud is a pretty strong word. If you have a family to feed and you know that by pushing Android devices hard you could gain an extra $1,000 a month what would you do? Salesman in every company push products and services they may not think is the best. This happens every day in every industry. Imagine if an insurance agent were able to sell car insurance from both State Farm and Geico. Let's say that State Farm has the best policy with higher customer satisfaction, lower...
I have never even been inside a Verizon store but listening to friends and also on forums it seems that new or upgrade customers are steered away from the iPhone by the sales reps. They do their best to push you towards an Android device I suppose because of a higher commission. Who can blame them though, they have bills to pay and why wouldn't you do your best to bring home more money for your family. Apple probably needs to do a better job to match the commission or at...
I don't think the decline is simply due to more tablet and smart phones sales. Macs and PC's sold in the last few years are simply still fast enough to do everything anyone needs. Go back a decade and your Mac or PC would simply be out of date far sooner. WIth Macs the switch to Intel made the PPC macs obsolete. But if you have a computer capable of running Mountain Lion or Windows 8 and it does so smoothly there is simply no big incentive or reason to upgrade to a newer...
Both Verizon and AT&T now have a 24 month upgrade policy. That means you won't get your subsidized price of $199 (actually $235 after activation fee) for a base model iPhone every two years. Selling a 2 year old iPhone will not give you a lot of money even if it is excellent shape due to the age. If you sell your phone prior to your 24 month upgrade date you will get a far better price but will then need to pay full price which can be around $650 or more  plus the $35...
    I was thinking the same thing. I got a Box account that gave me 50GB free. They still offer 50GB I believe but now require an business or school email address to get the 50GB. Sign up with a gmail for example and you only get 5GB free like dropbox. Don't overlook your ISP either, I use Cox Cable and get 15GB free and they have a very nice OSX and iOS app to help sync. 
Does anyone else have an issue not on iOS but on OS X 8.4 with Apple mail having problems with Yahoo mail? I am positive my password and other settings are correct. Sometimes it logs in and other times it gives me a password error message. I only use this yahoo account for ebay, and some other non-essential email but it is still annoying why the password won't stick or I get errors.