or Connect

Posts by gwmac

As far as coverage, I agree with the previous poster that is a highly localized question.   I find that these two offer the best answer since they are user reported   http://www.sensorly.com   http://www.rootmetrics.com
  In the U.S. at least this will benefit Sprint the most by far once their network vision with multi-mode LTE advanced is complete by early to mid 2014. Since Sprint is the only carrier that will offer LTE on 3 separate bands I really had doubted Apple would support any band other than the one they currently support which is 1.9GHz. But if they can support all 3 and along with unlimited LTE I can see a lot of defectors from AT&T and Verizon wanting unlimited data as long...
If this is true this is easily the biggest news yet about the next iPhone. One iPhone to rule them all. The elusive rosetta stone that a few years ago was thought to be impossible is finally here. Not that the iPhone will get it exclusively, I am sure Qualcomm want to sell this to to any and all companies with cash in hand. But I really see this as helping Apple more than anyone else since now they will be able to be used on literally every single phone network in the...
This has nothing to do with a single Korean carrier. You are missing the big picture. More and more countries all around the world are adding LTE monthly. And there are far more variances in spectrum and bands than there ever was with 3G where a tri or quad  phone would allow you to talk on most of the networks around the world. Take a look at this list.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks   So instead of Apple needing to make maybe a dozen different...
Apple would have needed to include a second CDMA radio like the S3 and some HTC phones to allow data and talking while not on wifi. There was nothing Verizon could do to turn this feature on since the iPhone lacked the hardware to allow for this. 
Actually several phones already offer that like the Samsung S3. ALl that was needed was two CDMA radios not unlike the way AT&T accomplishes this with two radios with GSM. One CDMA radio was used for voice and the other for data which could use either LTE or EVDO. There were a few CDMA phone that did this. The S4 skipped this since it was really a dead end with 1X advanced and VoLTE coming. 
We also have to be careful when we talk about LTE and LTE Advanced. Phone carriers are full of marketing bull and we won't see true LTE advanced speed for many, many years.  This article gives a very good explanation.   http://gigaom.com/2013/02/17/lte-advanced-is-the-new-buzzword-hype/   But to the end customer on a phone it won't matter since for phone usage anything over 7Mbps you won't be able to tell much difference in speed. On a computer where you might be...
Sprint is also using LTE advanced. The Qualcomm RF360 would be an excellent choice and I really hope it is selected. There are just so many different spectrums and bands used all around the world. It is also excellent news for Sprint since the iPhone will now very likely support their LTE on all their frequencies which include 800MHz, 1.9 GHz spectrum, and  2.5 GHz spectrum. The 2.5GHz will use TDD-LTE Band 41. Sprint is currently deploying FDD-LTE in 1900 MHz Band 25...
I read it and already knew Apple wasn't doomed. It was a very stupid title though and something like "Why Apple isn't doomed in 2013 or beyond" for example would have been a better choice.  But you know who else isn't doomed? Google and Samsung. They will keep on trucking on just fine. No one is doomed with the exception of the also rans like Sony (smart phone division not whole company), Blackberry, LG (again smart phone division only), HTC, Nokia, and others. I expect...
I have been with an iPhone for nearly 2 years first on a 4S and now on a 5. Before that I was with Android since the iPhone wasn't offered on my carrier and I absolutely detested AT&T since that was my previous carrier and the coverage sucked for me. I literally couldn't make a call inside my home and had to go out in the yard with AT&T. Here is my take. iOS 6 is a very stable and functional OS that is far and away better than Android 2.3 AKA gingerbread. That was the...