or Connect

Posts by gwmac

With all of Softbank's money along with all that old 800MHz Nextel spectrum now shut down and being repurposed for Sprint along with the huge amount of Clearwire 2.5GHz spectrum Sprint is poised to do very well the next few years and give AT&T and Verizon a run for their money. Unlimited LTE with far cheaper plans is a big incentive. Most of the lost subscribers were the last remaining Nextel customers and good riddance. That was a match made in hell and possibly the...
I agree. I have used waze but never reported speed traps or accidents or really anything. I did report a few errors on Apple maps a year ago but they still have not been corrected.  I don't think you can reply on user reporting. A better way would be for Apple maps to just monitor your speed and other data automatically and make smart adjustments. But still allow for manual reporting as well for those kind souls that actually do report problems. 
  The camera and the display on the phone are completely independent and have nothing to do with one another. What you are saying is really ludicrous. Now you could say that photos viewed on an S4 might not "look right" but the actual picture taken from the camera then sent to an iPhone will look fine. There is nothing wrong with the camera on the S4 and in fact it is superior to the one on the iPhone 5. And this is coming from a guy with an iPhone 5. 
You are a somebody just like me. But like I said you are here on a tech forum so people like you and me don't really represent the general public very well. Most people that don't frequent sites like this have no idea what AMOLED, DPI, color gamut, or anything else means. All they know is the size of the display and that that it says 1080P since they recognize that term from their TV's. That is the point I am trying to make is that non-tech folk which is 99% of the buying...
I have checked. My best friend has an S4 and I have an iPhone 5. I have spent a lot of time looking and using his phone just to check it out. I have done side by side comparisons. Both of of us play a game called Modern War and opened up that app side by side. It looked gorgeous on the S4 as it did on my iPhone 5. But because the display was just so much larger you can see nearly your whole base on the S4 but you have to scroll and zoom a lot on the iPhone to see your...
The reality is that the display on the S4 is miles ahead of what was used on the S3. You can not dispute this point. You are also correct that there is still a gap especially when it comes to solid white background where the S4 will look slightly grayish compared to an HTC One or and iPhone. But the reality is unlike a TV where people would really notice these things especially if they are watching a 2-hr blu-ray movie , on a phone you really are less likely to notice or...
You already answered your own question. Small towns might only have a few or even just one tower so the transition is very quick and easy. Big citieis can have hundreds of towers which takes a massive amount of time. It also depends on regulations. Small towns typically will push through all the red tape necessary to do changes on base stations very quickly and you have fewer interested parties you have to deal with. In bigger cities there is a mountain of paperwork and...
Although it would be very surprising to have a major  redesign of the 5 it would be very welcome. Most of us are expecting a 5S type refresh which is to say a few internal changes but nothing major on the exterior very much like the 4 to 4S. But Apple could surprise us and really shake things up. My biggest wish would be for the speakers to move to the front of the phone like the HTC One. That really makes a big difference by no longer needing to cup your hands to...
As far as coverage, I agree with the previous poster that is a highly localized question.   I find that these two offer the best answer since they are user reported   http://www.sensorly.com   http://www.rootmetrics.com
  In the U.S. at least this will benefit Sprint the most by far once their network vision with multi-mode LTE advanced is complete by early to mid 2014. Since Sprint is the only carrier that will offer LTE on 3 separate bands I really had doubted Apple would support any band other than the one they currently support which is 1.9GHz. But if they can support all 3 and along with unlimited LTE I can see a lot of defectors from AT&T and Verizon wanting unlimited data as long...