or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Pot meet kettle since you posted this only yesterday.    
  Once again you have no idea why these companies make their decisions nor do you have the slightest idea about their pricing or supply issues. If you care to list specific criticisms or comparisons of certain features or models I will be glad to engage you in conversation but your broad generalizations are all over the place. So go have a glass of porto and enjoy some tapas and cool down. Samsung really is not the anti-christ or an incarnation of evil. They are just a...
  You have no ideas what Samsung, HTC, Apple or any other company are capable of making. You also have absolutely no inside knowledge of why these companies choose to release the products that they do or don't release.  Everything you wrote is 100% pure conjecture and speculation. AMOLED has also come a very long way and your opinions carried more weight 2 or 3 years ago. The Samsung Galaxy S4 has a very nice display and the only real 2 shortcomings are visibility in...
I will not comment on the "idiot" part of your post but on your actual premise which is flat out wrong. First of all you assume everyone on a contract pays between $120 to $140 which is dead wrong. There are a lot of people who get huge discounts by as much as 25% from corporate discounts which can bring the cost down. Other people may be on grandfathered plans like me. I have an iPhone 5 that I paid $199 for but get unlimited calls, texts, data (including LTE) and not...
  The reason I called it cheaper is that it will be cheaper than the standard iPhone @ $649 vs. $449 and both will be current year models. A $200 savings is significant and the older phones would no longer be sold if it is released.  But feel free to substitute more affordable, the frugal man's iPhone, or any other terms that works.  I just don't see Apple releasing a phone lower than $449. And even at that price I expect their margins to be extremely high with possible a...
Nope not forgetting it at all. That phone is nearly 3 years old now. I am talking about selling a brand new current year iPhone for $449 which is a very big difference vs. selling one 3 years old. Doesn't the 4 also only include 8GB? The one I expect Apple to release would have 16GB as well as LTE.  My product matrix makes sense because in one fell swoop Apple can ditch 3.5" forever as well as 30 pin and move to 4" and lightning for all shipping iPhones while still...
  Where are you getting $449 from today? The iPhone 4S which is nearly 2 years old now is selling for $549 if you buy it without a subsidy.  So a new $449 iPhone would be $100 cheaper than the 4S is selling for today
  Pedro, neither you nor I nor anyone here knows what goes into the decision making behind closed doors at Apple, Samsung, HTC, or any other company. You have no idea if they can or can't make a 4" phone equivalent to the S4 or HTC One. Perhaps they feel that their money is better spent on making larger phones and there isn't a large enough Android market to bother for people than want 4". But you cannot sit there and say they are incapable of making such a device because...
Well the reason for my chart is because the 16GB iPhone 4S is now being sold new off contract for $549. A $100 drop to $449 though not cheap is pretty significant. I just don't think Apple will try and compete in the sub $400 market. I also don't think they want to make any new phones with only 8GB as this would not give a very good experience for the end user since storage would quickly fill up. $449 would still be a cheaper iPhone at $100 cheaper than the current 4S but...
Your guess is as good as any. Assuming iOS 7 gets completed soon enough I would guess around early September.