or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Do you have hot spot shield installed or anything similar? How about Little Snitch or similar? If not, try opening system preferences then security&privacy and turning off firewall and see if Netflix loads. If it does, there is your issue. You can also create a spare account in users and see if it works
  I assume you can already see the boot screen now with the card you have right? Then go ahead and install the latest CUDA drivers from Nvidia before you install the new card. If your current card is a Mac EFI native card and you have 2 monitors, leave it in there if you have room and you ever need to boot into CLI
Nvidia off the shelf PC cards work fine with a few caveats. First, make sure you install the latest CUDA drivers from Nvidia before you install the card. Also be aware that your will not see a grey start up screen with the Apple logo, it will boot straight to the desktop.    I solved that issue since I have triple monitors. I have an older ATI Mac native card for one and the other two monitors are connected to my PC Nvidia card. SO in case I ever need to boot to CLI for...
What right or reason do you have to come to every single article and derail and hijack it with your endless battles waging a war on trolls. You do realize that you have become the thing you profess to hate.  Quoting them and replying like a troll adds no value to the discussion which I thought was about the new Apple ad campaign. Neither of your comments in this thread mentioned the topic. Why not report the posts you find offensive, ignore them instead of quoting them...
Thanks to DVR's I thankfully don't have to suffer from too many commercials. I tend to record the shows I want to watch and skip them. June has a lot of re-runs so I do channel surf a bit more now and have watched more commercials. One thing that always catches my attention is the music. Some commercials have songs that I had never heard but just immediately like and others that I viscerally hate. One example is a song that is now extremely overplayed by a dozen or more...
    I was sitting here trying to think of how to express my thoughts on the ad and just read your post and you nailed it. The first 2 or 3 times I watched it I actually liked it but now I just tune out. It is beginning to look like stock footage and doesn't engage me anymore. I also think a designed in the U.S.A. might have had more cachet than California which means nothing to people that don't live there and for many that might even have a negative connotation. Think...
Docomo is suffering from their hubris from bygone days when Japan led the world in cool phones with features no one else had and they controlled 75% of the Japanese market. This was before the iPhone. Japanese phones were the envy of the world back then with big beautiful displays all sorts of features that no other country had in their phones. They invented something called i-mode which allowed the internet over the phone in a way that had not been done before. Think of...
Great job Apple and also to the SCOTUS for doing their job.
Hopefully with this new maps website, error reports will now be addressed and corrected in a more timely manner.  It will certainly be easier to report on a computer with a keyboard.  I reported several errors in my city over a year ago but I still see the erroneous data listed in Apple maps. I think this is certainly one area where Google leads with their faster response to correcting errors. Those same errors I reported to Apple I also reported to Google since they had...
This is exactly the kind of integration between OS X and iOS that will lead to a lot more cool stuff in the future. Google and Microsoft are hardly friends so they will never have this level of integration between Windows and Android. Apple will have the iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV and Macs all working beautifully together. Messages in mountain lion was just a small taste as is maps and airplay. There is still a lot more integration and synergy between Macs and iOS...