or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I know people can post speedtests from the other carriers that are higher speeds but honestly I have never felt the need to go above 8Mbps on my phone. Videos and music streaming which have a far higher demand than web surfing work very well. I can't wait for the iPhone 6 that will support Sprint Spark which the 5 and 5s do not support since they do not support LTE on the 2.5Ghz spectrum. I am anxious not so much for the speed boost as how much greater coverage this...
Isn't this just the same thing Sprint did with their Spark service back in October? Basically putting LTE as accessible on a different spectrum. 
You are delusional if you think a 4" iPhone would outsell a 4.7" iPhone. The only way that might occur is if the 4.7" was priced significantly higher. I hope there are a lot more people out there with your thinking otherwise I won't be able to sell my gold 5s for much money when I put it on Ebay to buy the 4.7" iPhone 6.  You are making a very common mistake if you believe all current 4" iPhone owners approve or support a 4" simply because they own one. I bought my 5s IN...
Anecdotal evidence is just that, a very small poll sample if you will. But at the same time it is amazing how accurate it can sometimes be. Without fail when I ask my Android owning friends, family, coworkers why they chose an Android phone over an iPhone they all give the same answer. "The screen size". They don't talk about open source, or a hatred for Apple, or any of the other common talking points you hear by forum pundits on both sides. They simply like the larger...
Well this guy tried all the things in this thread  and some other options not listed and it still did not resolve his problem.    http://adampash.com/how-i've-tried-to-fix-imessage/ Everything I've tried to stop my texts from disappearing into iMessage I’ve gotten many, many helpful emails and tweets with tips for how to fix myiMessage purgatory problem (people are great). Unfortunately, I’ve already tried everything that people have suggested (so far, at...
Because no one cares about that point besides you. You keep harping on it as if someone is invested in defending that theory. Who cares why they went big, they did. Whether it was because of the size of first gen LTE radios or the fact that they needed more battery life or the daughter of the CEO of Samsung asked him to make a larger one it really doesn't matter.    P.S. Wrong HD2 above. That was the...
There are many frivolous lawsuits without any merit but this is not one of them. Read what this guy went through. http://adampash.com/imessage-purgatory/
 Who are you even arguing with? I don't think anyone said otherwise. Apple or any other company could have easily made a 5 or 6 inch phone before LTE as well if they wished. Any more historical facts you want to point out for us Captain Obvious? 
 How does that disprove anything. You can always find exceptions and outliers to a rule but generally speaking companies went larger to accommodate the large and power hungry LTE chips. They needed the extra space for the radio and a larger battery. Of course they could have made larger phones before that if they wanted to and no one said otherwise. 
They wouldn't even need to do that. It is true that one huge impetus for large displays was the 1st gen of LTE radios that were big and power hungry. But the current and future generations are a lot smaller and more power efficient. Samsung and others accidentally stumbled on to the fact that consumers liked larger displays because they had to make them that big to accommodate LTE radios. Apple waited until the iPhone 5 to release an LTE phone. There are already plenty of...