or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

You're right... silly was unnecessary. I also accept your reasoning for websites and their business models, because I do make use of white-listing many of the sites I frequent often. However, passing through just to speed read beyond a headline to see if the content or search turned up something relevant is why I use my bandwidth/memory saving extensions.Just curious: are you also against OS utilities like LaunchBar or DefaultFolder as well? I personally use anything that...
Thanks for pointing out how Adobe codes to the lowest common denominator, can't truly innovate any longer and codes "hack jobs" like mobile Lightroom so that it can be ported to Android easier...and foists that low-end experience on those of us that value professional OSes and equipment... starting with the abomination of their pathetic installers.Yup. You hit the nail on the head why we can't have anything nice or forward thinking from Adobe regarding professional...
Gotta say, that's a rather silly*** rule you have there. May I ask, "why"?*** I love extensions for all of my browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome)... if they do as they say and add to my productivity getting through about 35 websites per day of necessary information, cataloging it all (Feedly, Evernote, Pocket, Dropbox), managing sometimes up to 5 windows with 50+ tabs open. Click-to-Flash, AdBlock, and Ghostery all add up to a major performance increase, and I dare say not...
+1...might I add: ...or anything else about the Watch that was presented last year.I firmly believe that there's going to be a lot more to this product than what we've seen so far, including partnerships with traditional timepiece makers like TAG Heuer. That CEO did NOT just do 180-degree pivot on his own or from what "we peons know" about the Watch. He's privy to far more than he's letting on to.
First: I'm very happy to see you posting again!Second: Wow! I'm extremely surprised to see such a lack of tech curiosity... and flat out announcements of "never" on you your part!?!What happened?! I read your recent disappointments with iOS the other day, and thought to myself, "you go gir!". Because you actually have the stuff and the time to make very valuable assessments of a multitude of systems and tech toys playing nice with each other. We and Apple can all learn...
One last note to my OPs: has anyone taken a look at the truly atrocious bundled software or apps for the major camera brands?! That observation more than anything else says to me they should ALL be looking for partners that understand APIs frameworks and modern software UX GUIs to power their hardware! Heck, even Microsoft or Adobe could do a better job, let alone an Apple pulling ever last bit of efficiency and underlying power out if those sensors. Just look to the...
I'm taking a guess here, but I'd love to see proof if anyone has the time to reseach it: the Apple A6 and after is probably far more powerful than what's in a top if the line Canikon.On a number if blogs where these duscussions come up, often due to stellar reviews of a new mirrorless or 4/3, most pros point out how the full size DSLRs fit in their hands and balance just right. Thus, the big honken heavy fast lenses seem to be literally, the anchor for a lot of folks. I...
Been saying and writing the exact same thing for over a year now at a number of blogs, both photo and here... so +1 from me.Sony is the best bet to do something like this with in my opinion. Canikon will not understand what hit them. AFAIC the business of making, editing, and managing both photos and film is still wide open, and ready for a game-changer... and most of all... a game manager and visionary. Who's going to step up?!
I find the article noteworthy for both iPhone and Canon enthusiasts that frequent these forums. Edited to add: Also, that Apple took over second place from Nikon(!) From the PetaPixel blog: The Most Popular Cameras on Flickr in 2014
^^^ Wow! ^^^ What a convoluted process! TIP: do you have a keyboard macro program like Keyboard Maestro? I personally would whip up a macro with a Ctrl-Cmd+"x" key shortcut for something like that.... if need be, with "breaks" or dialog stops. Maybe an Automator action or AppleScript would also do the trick(?)