or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

^^^^That and the post you quoted goes against the common knowledge that Apple purposely builds their products for planned obsolescence.Concerns me that this basic plan to profitability isn't working and Apple screwed up again!Tim Cook definitely needs to be fired now... no wait.. he shouldn't even be allowed to re-entire the US from his trip to Paris... and have his passport confiscated at the border and delivered to the EU authorities and tried as a Tax Criminal!(Do I...
Unsolved problems that still make a Windows experience regardless of number, a... Pain. In. The. A**! 1) NT Kernel was and is still crap; 2) OEMs forcing slagware, malware, custom crap GUI's to UIs that NO ONE understands, needs, or uses; 3) Windows software developers that feel they need to bundle hidden "installs" of 3rd-party crap to try and make a buck, that generally takes over browser task bars, and is a pain to remove; 4) The registry. No need to expound(!); 5)...
This larger country right next door to you (Germany) has roughly the same number of HD:Standard Def as well as needing to pay someone to receive HD from any channel other than the state owned ones, ARD, ZDF, and ARD Dritte (-30 regional state owned channels).I personally think that 4k will come here, but only over the Internet from other countries and websites, and if your connection can handle it. I seriously doubt wide-spread upgrades for 4K TV's or local channels to...
This just in from The Guardian: "Seamus Coffey, an economics lecturer at University College Cork, who has examined Apple’s Irish tax affairs, said: “The EC can demand back payments for 10 years, which would take it back to 2004.” Figures in the commission’s calculation show that the relevant Apple subsidiaries – Apple Operations Europe and Apple Sales Europe – had annual profits of between €60m and €80m between 2009 and 2012, and annual revenues of between €500m and...
Last thoughts on this topic. Whether it's the US, Europe, Asia... where ever, I think it's going to be very difficult in the future for new tax laws of any kind that will be seen by the public as being "fair to all". As I stated above and I think everyone knows by now, a product is not wholly designed, manufactured, or coded in only one location as it once was. We are in a global economy and I don't see that as being bad, nor changing any time soon. The US itself has...
There's really nothing "dodgy" about it. Apple could have decided to move their operations in the US to say Nevada, and if I'm not mistaken, they have certain operations incorporated there for tax purposes(?).Wiki citation: "Nevada's tax structure is also a large benefit to incorporation in Nevada. Nevada has no franchise tax. It also has no corporate income tax or personal income tax.[1]"Here in Europe, Apple sells it's products which includes mark-ups for IP, to it's...
Everything sold physically here on German soil, is taxed and itemized as such including MwSt (VAT). No company gets to keep that, and it must be remitted monthly to the tax authority. Other services provided by Apple like iTunes and the App Store is served from Ireland. Regardless of where anyone lives in the EU, when Apple sells them a physical product through their online store, they have to itemize VAT, collect it, and remit it in the country they sold the device... NOT...
Wooooohoooo....!!!! Coyote callin'.....
Apple is working on that too. i found this link to their safari blog interesting with all of the optimizations they've made for iOS8. I was originally planning on posting this to the Great RAM Debate... but fit's here as well.http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/safari-ios8-iphone6-web-developers-designers
I'm not surprised and Adobe needs to be in this space.There's a number of rather able web apps on the market already, Pixlr from Autodesk and Pics.io RAW editing com to mind.There's also Magisto and WeVideo for web app video editing.A lot of people don't like it... and say they'll never go subscription or cloud-based. But the old method isn't coming back, and I don't expect it to advance as fast as web-based and web-aware apps are currently. Actually because these web apps...