or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

Only curious:1) which post are you referring to?2) is that a "countdown" as in "9,998 Idiots Left to Deal With"? Oh...fun!3) which people have fluttered into the "Basket Case of Idiocy" in your opinion?4) do we have a special Trash Can icon for that here or in the new OSX Beta? Could be useful rather than just ignoring or flagging... ***************@appleinsider mods: wouldn't it be great if some of the gurus in these parts put together an "Installation Guide to MacOSX...
Part 1: my apologies and I see that you've installed the beta and providing help and feedback. Keep up the great work. Although, neither of those answers should be be given to anyone asking "The Question" IMHO. Both are too short and don't take into consideration the skill level of the person doing the asking, nor the person providing the answer to be trusted.Part 2: actually, this never was about you or what you were looking for. So on that, I can't apologize for any...
What's the matter with you? It's obvious that you didn't take into consideration he actually might be older... and even if younger... far more knowledgeable than you!Your question does NOT come across as a knowledgeable experienced user in the least!Main Mac? Are bloody freakin' serious?! NO!Because you or brlawer couldn't be bothered to answer (and prove your knowledge as a pro I might add), "The 3 main things to prepare your Mac for ANY upgrade or install" question I...
Either one of those answers would be the WRONG answer to the question, because there are far too many variables for any one person to answer knowledgeably, let alone give anyone with THAT qustion assurance to go ahead with the install.The very question itself painted @brlawer into the "Beginners Corner" and for anyone answering to be on the safe side and help him/her to protect themselves from disappointment and answer, "better not install at this time; be patient and wait...
@brlawer - you made the claim that you have so much experience, so... Q: what are the first 3 things you should do to prepare any machine before updating any OS, whether beta or production? Come on... give us The Spelling Idiots a simple lesson and proof of your supremecy... even though you're the one with the dumb questions and comprehension deficiency.
Wrong. Obvious is for you and your Kumbiya buddy to get together, install the beta and answer the questions you're asking. Or don't and just wait until a number of knowledgable and experienced folks here have had the time to install and report back. I'm sure you'll hear soon enough of all of Yosemite's flaws and that Apple is surely doomed now.BTW: beta testing is more than commenting about speed, the color of the icons, or GUI changes.
Then why ask at all? Go ahead... install it and answer your own stupid question for yourself. That's what a beta is for anyway, for you and the beta testers to give feedback to Apple and the community. You first. We're waiting.
All of the above are possible and any stability problems, glitches, or program incompatibilities wont be known with any degree of certainty until possibly Monday. So once again: it's all at your own risk, which is stated in the acknowledgment TOC when anyone signed up. Patience... or risk finding out yourself the hard way.
Oh please! Then why in **** all were you asking such an assinine question like a newbie then?!NO! It is not safe at all and you should wait for the actual release.It's a Developers BETA! Use at your own risk! And for being such a brain-dead moron after someone warned you nicely, I sure hope your power, batteries and backups are in order, because you're givin' off some bad Karma!
Then don't read the rumors or participate. My belief is that forums are for intelligent discourse on a subject, dreamscaping, or LOLZ.Taking the time to state your boredom over something that you have absolute control of to do... or not to do... is neither of the above and just plain pathetic. Man up... take control of your life and your bodily actions. Don't let a measly headline sway you into temptation to be miserably bored and depressed... *** A thought... rather a...