or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

No. I don't think anyone is excited about Windows 10... and least of all the poor engineers at Microsoft that would "like" to do something modern and innovative, but are being hamstrung by their ass-backwards constituency.Windows 10: The votes are pouring in for these 10 featuresCurrently, there's a voting impasse between the voters that want a cohesive flat modern interface like Win8, and the ones that want Windows to bring back Aero.... among other silly backwards...
Regardless of the definition of war... Apple started the PC Revolution... and ended it quite well I would say. We're amid the Post-PC Revolution... and it appears Apple is only training against itself AKA cannibalizing it's own products.
^^^^ And did any of you take @oldmacs advice and do a clean install? I've updated 3 iPad 2's and while a bit slower than the iOS 7... they are by NO MEANS whatsoever unusable. In fact, they all work rather well considering the advancements in iOS since they first hit the market.While I agree with this statement... it's also not absolutely necessary IMO.Every single major app I use works perfectly fine... including Safari***, Mail, Twitter... and the biggest resource hog...
@Relic - nice looking case! I'd give it a try if i were you regardless of whether anyone chimes in a review or not. Now about the rest of your "wishes" post. You and your family are so technologically fit that I have to place you in the "outlier" category. The things you do... and want to do more of... is just not on an "average" users radar. In fact it is the focused full-screen nature of using an iPad that have caused so many millions to gravitate to the...
Do they still make Cracker Jacks in America?... with the little toy surprise?... how 'bout cereal, does it also have little surprises or figurines in it? Just a thought who MS could partner with... that's all. * If it's a fitness band like @Rogifan said, then maybe Trader Joe's Trail Mix might work better. Note: I remember getting a Dick Tracy watch in Cracker Jacks once... a long LONG time ago.
Well you know I'm with ya and also a bit bummed about no server.I really thought Apple would see the need for such a device, especially with so many families now with multiple iOS devices.Maybe next year...
@Marvin - once again thanks for another of your great spot-on posts!^^^^^
No need to worry about the Anonabox TOR Router, it's been canceled amid controversy. Further reading at the Ars article.Note of interest though, is that these weren't just run-of-the-mill routers with TOR access as a bolt on function:There's some more links in the article if anyone wants to do this themselves with OS software.
As for the iCloud Drive, I think theirs some wishing that this should function like a data server would, rather than what it is: a 1:1 data synced "folder" or hard drive. More interesting to me anyway, would be the ability to designate folder(s) as "seeable" similar to File Sharing, across all devices like a server would do... then from any device that you have authorization, to just right-click (long touch) any folder or document, and select "iCloud Sync" to make it...
What Apple has been doing is re-writing everything using best programming standards and practices for ALL devices both x86 and ARM. This is a far different tactic than what Adobe is doing... although during Adobe MAX almost all of the conference was 75% devoted to mobile. These are all new programs written from the ground up, which is necessary AFAIC.The Adobe CC suite NEVER was a real suite of programs that used a common interface between the programs, everything...