or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

Precisely... "Then..."?
@mpantone - I also consume the majority of my news on my iPad(s). I do find it interesting that you plan on replacing your RSS feeds with Flipbook, which is an RSS reader(?) I'm assuming you were/are currently receiving your RSS feeds in your mail, which I stopped doing years ago. Also my newsletters are more weekly digests than anything else, where in a quick overview I can see if I missed anything during the week, and because I archive them sometimes, they're a personal...
^^^^ Great post mpantone! Thanks for your insights. Maybe I have to look a little deeper into Twitter. I'm currently overwhelmed by all if the newsletters and about 40 RSS feeds I subscribe to now. But you did a good job piquing my curiosity to search a little harder to see if there's something missing that Twitter might fill in my digital life.
I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose of Twitter is. If I want stay up to date with a company, website, or blog: RSS feed (Feedly being my reader of choice) Individuals I could care less about unless it's about a subject or shared topic (niche) that we may have in common. So anything else that they may be involved in, or their personal life and views... is just not relavent, AND may possibly cause me to value their expertise and judgement about our common...
Of course you're correct about Android's basic usage as the feature phone replacement of the day. I've said the same often enough here.However, did you take a moment to glance at the article and especially the comment section? A fair number of Android fans are getting hit with what looks to be drive-by exploits without installing apps. The "promoted comment" with screen shot looks like something nastier than what we experience on iOS with Safari ads and scripts pushing...
I'm surprised that there's still +40% of people that buy into Android being "just as good but cheaper" than iPhone: Arstechnica - Malicious Google Play apps (may have) hosed millions of Android handsets Read the "Promoted Comment" and tell me why anyone would want to deal with that... ever!
Let me guess... Harlem?
You're right... silly was unnecessary. I also accept your reasoning for websites and their business models, because I do make use of white-listing many of the sites I frequent often. However, passing through just to speed read beyond a headline to see if the content or search turned up something relevant is why I use my bandwidth/memory saving extensions.Just curious: are you also against OS utilities like LaunchBar or DefaultFolder as well? I personally use anything that...
Thanks for pointing out how Adobe codes to the lowest common denominator, can't truly innovate any longer and codes "hack jobs" like mobile Lightroom so that it can be ported to Android easier...and foists that low-end experience on those of us that value professional OSes and equipment... starting with the abomination of their pathetic installers.Yup. You hit the nail on the head why we can't have anything nice or forward thinking from Adobe regarding professional...
Gotta say, that's a rather silly*** rule you have there. May I ask, "why"?*** I love extensions for all of my browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome)... if they do as they say and add to my productivity getting through about 35 websites per day of necessary information, cataloging it all (Feedly, Evernote, Pocket, Dropbox), managing sometimes up to 5 windows with 50+ tabs open. Click-to-Flash, AdBlock, and Ghostery all add up to a major performance increase, and I dare say not...