or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

@PhilBoogie - Thanks for taking the time to write up a review of the process and your first impressions! A couple of notes: 1) as an everyday LR user I have to say that your review is more than fair(!) I've never quite understood the "clunky" description given by many users, considering a) everything is laid out in one easy window and organized in, functions and tabs, which I personally like; b) you can arrange the tabs and the entire interface to suit your workflow; c)...
If I may suggest and it's possible: do you have a Firewire 800 disk free?1) If so, try installing Snow Leo from your original DVD to the FW drive, then upgrade all the way through Yosemite 10.10.1 WITHOUT logging into Apple ID or doing any migration of any data/apps. Basically a lean-mean-clean Yosemite install.2) using an app like Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper, clone your "LMC" FW drive to your internal drive. After a restart to see that everything is booting, repair...
I'm going with Scarlett.Wondering how fast "bring me a beer" is going to work
Perfect exhibition of why engineers should never be allowed to get even close to the people that design UX communication devices. You're just not wired for "subtle intuition", intuitive visual navigation, or future workflows that take guessing or memory out of the learning curve.What many don't realize is that these are the baby-steps and first iterations of obfuscating the user interface completely or as much as possible, which in probably 1 or 2 more versions will prove...
No excuse necessary. I'm terribly busy of late as always come this time of year, but also a couple of weeks ago decided to step away from the forums here and elsewhere. I realized that I was spending far too much time reading, and responding repeatedly, on subjects that I've already stated my opinion on. No need to repeat myself, or re-read repeated opinions that often times just upset me. Life is far too short... and getting shorter by the day to revisit the past...
Yes I saw that... but I don't expect the $400 MSRP ($350 after rebate) to hold up for long... and it will "probably" be a big Black Friday deal.
@Relic - looks like you may have paid too much for your new Nexus 9... A day after launch, HTC sold the Nexus 9 for 50% off HTC's "Hot Deals" section sold the $400 flagship for $200. and @Corrections... this might inspire a snarky headline as well... iFixit: Nexus 9 is full of glue, harder to fix than older Nexus tablets. The tablet is a mixed bag, even on the inside. Both from ARS.
For a newbie ( )... you're assuming some of us forget what we've personally posted weeks/months ago. Nice to see you coming on board and getting with the program... And can I get a wee little "woot woot" respect for being able to pull numbers out of my butt with the best of them... even French rumor guys?Within minutes of the reveal of the Watch and Apple still having not revealed the "starting" price:Just to start off the backlash regarding my request:
Nothing wrong with that.I'm hoping to find some time to try the service above this week and give it a 'mini review'. Also, how Apple could (possibly) do it better. The biggest thing I like is that it uses the synced database approach across platforms. Actually, Google had this long ago with Picassa (which was purchased), but the interface is such an abomination that it's unusable, regardless of the "prying eyes" aspect of everything Google.Have you tried adding...