or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

Anyone disbelieving the authenticity and truthfulness of Sir Jony's replies, still doesn't believe that he has received probably the best gift that ANY designer could ever be rewarded: design autonomy gifted by the late Steve Jobs. Jony and his team are an island at Apple and are allowed to do just about anything they want to without regards to cost, pricing or marketing. It is what Steve Jobs fought so very hard to achieve at Apple before he was kicked out. It is also...
DO NOT SKIP!!! - This is a great presentation! All I can say is, "WOW!" and this is a must see preso for anyone interested in tech, retail and economics.
A funny fact that most if not all of Google web services and software is developed on Macs. It was reported years ago that Windows machines were bannished to admin and accounting, and only if there was no other way out...
Wow! What a pleasant surprise seeing your post! I've been quite busy of late and don't participate as often as I used to, but I do quick scan of the posts and comments and haven't seen you in a while. I hope this finds you in much better health(!)... happiness has always been seen as a given with you. With that said, let's get to raising your blood-pressure... a) isn't that true of all software platforms? I don't think there's a perfect OS on the planet. Some are better...
It appears that a good portion of that 2% are regular AI visitors..So you're a *Tech-Communist: you "consume" media which many times shouldn't be there in the first place... but don't want to pay for it with either new hardware, software, subscriptions or ads... and Dawg forbid if they every add features to software that will break your old apps. * Actually, you're a "customer" of the very worst kind... so go to the end of the line with your dribble and bits.
Ditto that 100% and Thank You!
^^^ Ha! On that themes thread I wondered out loud if anyone had seen you lately. Give it up... you shameless self-promoter you! So how was the rest if the Road Trip?
Just wondering if anyone's seen Apple II or Slurpy around lately? Also without a doubt the Fandroid started it!
Just as a reminder: I was writing about boot-up times, and sleep/hibernation vs. shutting down every day.Clean-up scripts run automatically if you leave your computer in sleep/hibernation mode and your computer is in good health. SOME of the daemons will get cleaned on a restart... others like the weeklies won't necessarily, nor will caches or temp files "always" be cleaned. However, at some time they will run at the very same time as the daily scripts... which of course...
I was replying to THIS POST and this specific part of the post:Have you been to Europe recently? Having just been in the UK myself not a month ago, I can say that this is patently, unequivocally untrue. The wireless providers there are shady, pricy, customer non-centric, and misleading as hell.Phone service is NOT cheaper there than it is in the states, nor is it more reliable. And neither is it "clearly specified" as you say it should be. Now that I have been there and...