or Connect

Posts by ThePixelDoc

Fantastic post!Re: hot dogs = I had the "fun" and honor of taking a field-trip and tour of the Hormel plant in Austin, MN as a kid... and I still can't get the images nor the olfactory-memory out of my head. Traumatizing! I gave up hot dogs for home made German Wurst from my local butcher as therapy
"Ballroom-Have-Tights-Will-Travel League" could become "Have-T*Ts-Will-Travel"... because we all know "sex sells" and to my knowledge, Samsung hasn't tried this "naughty" trick yet. "It's" the only thing... hopefully big... thing left in the Galaxy to exploit...
I love sports! Not so much wrestling of today... but I'll take your cue and state what I would do if I was at Apple and would like to put the "hurt" on Samsung.Here's a) Back Breaker, b) Body Slam, c) Rope Splatter(?)... and d) Full Nelson FTW:a) bigger iPhones and yes 2 of them; rumors point to this and I tend to agree it's (about!) time. That marketing/ad point will be dead. = Dazed response from Samsung.b) those 2 new sizes offered at the same price as iPhone 5s today,...
As always.. a follow up to my last post: Apple and most of all Microsoft has seen that they might do well working together (see Office for iPad). What y'all say to a new Tag Team now that "Blow-hard Ballmer" has retired? Siri could use some help and Cortana (see above linked post) looked like she could keep up using Bing as her backend manager... so who needs Google? My opinion... but what made Google great in the day, wasn't so much that their search worked so well, but...
Even though it's not so long ago, I think many of the people posting here forget how truly amazing the iPhone presentation was and how it caught everyone... and I do mean everyone... completely off-guard and flatfooted. More so considering it was the most rumored device for at least a year before the presentation. That Apple pulled off all of the little pieces like the ATT exclusivity agreement, subsidizing, complete control of the iPhone without branding, updates,...
In answer to the question: no of course not... although at the time, isn't that what the market was supporting for better or worse (mostly worse) across the mobile landscape?"SJ himself" was often wrong on many things and as a visionary was even more ahead of his time than anything else. As much as he willed it and did everything in his power to make it happen... the market still had to have it's say in whether he was right or wrong.So up until that point, "4,5,6 different...
I believe this too.Google knew because SJ told Larry as his mentor... that mobile was going to be where the action was and Google's own (ad) customers needed to be in ASAP. SJ was also counting on and courting Google to offer services in the form of Apple getting preferred access to Google's APIs to work with the iPhone, i.e. Maps and YouTube.However... some clever little cookie at Google saw the "danger" of betting everything on Apple doing this right, and being shut out...
And doesn't that just put a nasty monkey wrench into your "consumer choice" engine?This is why I'm scared, because this behavior will have been worth it and demonstrably so! Kill 2 (or more) birds with one stone principle.Profits = check; killed previous closest competition = check; "doom" the innovator into making another device we can steal unimpeded = check and mate!
Funny you mention that... because I believe we would have even MORE choices if those companies weren't able to just copy anything they feel like. They would be tasked instead with coming out with something innovative themselves.Heck... who knows what great ideas are at Samsung engineering, that won't see the light of day because the marketing/sales department said it all has to all look and work like Apple?Instead... we get 1 iPhone, 10 wannabe iPhones, and "Sorry...late...
To tell you the truth, it's not the patents that I'm most concerned with. No one understands them, least of all the average consumer. They just want something "like an iPhone/iPad" and in most cases (mine experience anyway) don't have the wherewithal to pay for the privilege. We ARE in an instant gratification society whether we like it or not.However, it was the first trial (and the one in England) over Trade Dress that really has me ticked. Because Samsung straight-up...