or Connect

Posts by robogobo

To say that Americans don't want to work in factories is complete bullshit. Go to Detroit or Dayton and you'll find 1000s of workers who'd jump at those jobs, if there were any jobs. The factories closed and moved to Mexico and then Asia a long time ago because of dirt cheap labor. To say that there's no skilled labor in the US is only half bullshit, but still bullshit. It's only true in the fact that it takes factories to train workers. No factories, no skilled...
It's not racist to point out that Korean firms have a bad habit of stealing IP. It's a cultural fact. They're proud of their copying. They do it shamelessly. Hyundai, Kia, Daiwoo, Samsung, LG, Hankook - Look at their products. Every one a copy of one or more successful products from someone else's hard work and talent. Asian copycat culture is a typical Stockholm Syndrome. We're so used to it we just assume it's normal and acceptable. It isn't.
Skins, ha! Skins.I actually prefer the new UI. Just takes some getting used to. Better to take advantage of inertia scrolling rather than flipping pages back and forth.
You're an idiot You're mistaken, not that Apple doesn't report units shipped but that they do in fact report sales. This is why these bullshit reports are always skewed. Not that it matters in the race to the bottom.
Say it with me everybody, shipped ≠ sold!
"I believe that the government will be able to show at trial direct evidence that Apple knowingly participated in and facilitated a conspiracy to raise prices of e-books, and that the circumstantial evidence in this case, including the terms of the agreements, will confirm that." Sorry, that oversteps a pre-trial opinion.  That's judgement.  Indeed, pre-judgement.  She drew hard conclusions that should have been subject to evidence presented during proceedings.  This is...
It may be a coincidence but yesterday at about the time of the takedown Dropbox on my Mac asked for authorization to change permissions on my home folder. I said no (hell no) but it resulted in my whole home directory being taken offline (I have it on a separate hdd from the system which is on ssd). I had to go through the zap PRAM, nvram, fsck, repair disk, repair permissions, re-bless partition dance to get it back up and running. Not sure if someone was trying to...
What's worse, that the original article had nothing newsworthy at all, or that AI decided to regurgitate it? A guy who used to work on now-irrelevant iPod software may or may not (probably not) have had a role in the development of a product that may or may not ever exist. What?
This guy and the judge are both working for Amazon.
Well, that should make all the douchebags happy.