or Connect

Posts by robogobo

I'm not such a big poster here, but I do read almost everything, as I do many forums. I have to say it's the same everywhere. Trolls are here to stay. And every method of dealing with them is either ineffective or becomes just as bad, if not worse, than the trolls themselves. It's like, Digg being the worst possible example, everything is approaching that level of over-moderation slowly but surely. Slashdot, Ars, all the Gawker sites, anything with modding, ignore,...
I'll be somewhere in those 2011 stats, I suppose.
I need to see pixels. From far away anything looks good.
wtf? you haven't even looked at Aperture 3. No fucking way.
Adobe, you're dead to me. We used to be best friends, but you became elusive and antisocial, took all my money and gave very little in return. Now you're like fat Elvis. Sure, people will buy your stuff, but long for the old days when it was actually worth a damn. So sad. And happy I'm not so thick in the industry that I'm forced to upgrade.
Google is NOT a technology giant. They're an advertising giant. Everything else up until Android has been offered for free.
Apple removes Wi-Fi scanners, 'minimum functionality' iPhone apps... and adds one more reason to Jailbreak.
Occam's Razor alone suggests nothing. There are too many factors. .Mac was crap only because it was slow. MobileMe is actually much much better, but still too slow.
Looks like I'll be sitting this one out, again. CS3 is just right and zippy, handles everything fine. Adobe had a real problem after Lightroom, trying not to make the two overlap too much so people would buy both. Now they've got a real weird model with LR, PS and BR. How they go together is anybody's guess. I'm using Aperture mostly now, with seldom trips to PS for the big stuff. CS4 added very little, and CS5 seems like another baby step. Adobe just keeps getting...
wow, they'll adjust prices according to market demand? Revolutionary! this is news?