or Connect

Posts by paxman

Yes, I understand that. But we are talking about IOS which is the most, if not the only user friendly OS in the world, meaning that 99% (wild guess) of users will NOT connect their device to iTunes. In fact, the day it became possible to run an iPhone without having to connect to iTunes I was very happy. I found that connection more problematic and always lost data (Several family members with various devices could have been the reason). Even here, in geek city, many...
I tend to agree. People generally are not that bothered about better sound quality and if the file size remains small or even smaller this would do nothing to combat streaming. Album sales (bundled and inseparable tracks) may help to work against streaming but if the album is good people will continue to download. I can't see how a new file format can really make a big difference.
Yes, since the beginning of iCloud I have wanted an admin page. I'd like to log on and import my family's accounts an from one page be able to see what's what. I have always found the management of iCloud accounts and Apple ID's convoluted and confusing.
I think I agree. What I REALLY would like is a family account with more options and features and an app, or web page (well designed) for administration of the account. I would like to be able to hide apps and music so the kids' old apps and music (High School Musical etc) will never again appear. I think Family Sharing is a great idea but perhaps it needs to mature a little. It would be good if the entire family could be logged into their own accounts and whenever one of...
Yes, and I'm not upset about it at all, but I do think it was a mistake. The irony was that hours later Apple issued the IOS 8 upgrade which required a lot of users to throw lots of data out in order to gain enough free space for the upgrade.
Myt family shares an Apple ID / account for all music / iBooks/ app purchases. Everyone curates their own devices. This account is also our iTunes Match account. Not sure how this differed from an family account. What would I gain from turning this into a Family Sharing account? The issue of individual gift cards is interesting - we have come across this problem. Does a Family Account resolve those? The problemfor me is that the main library (iCloud) contains a lot of...
Couldn't agree more. I find it amazing that he is the head of one of the largest companies in the world and yet seems so grounded and genuine. It is hard to fault Apple at this point.
It isn't, but adding anything to a private account even if it has automatic downloads switched on is overstepping the line IMO. In this case it was not a huge deal but I'm surprised it was done this way rather than just offering the album up for free. Its the principle of the act that is questionable, not the intention behind it.
But how is your lawn doing? ;)