or Connect

Posts by paxman

Who knows. But when you produce quality merchandice the upgrade cycle naturally becomes longer. Which is a good thing even if it means Apple sells less of any one particular device. My primary every day laptop is 6 years old and still does everything I need it to. Why upgrade? (well, I have to admit time is nigh. Within 12 months Ill upgrade :)
Totally! Those scumbags are just too damn lazy to go to CEO school. If they had they could be treating others like shit instead. They just don't get it.
So if you are at your office and all the ads suddenly display new homes, house insurance, fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, fireproof data backup solutions etc you pretty much know you no longer have a house.
Samsung will very soon, I am sure. They're probably innovating like crazy all day and all night. Differentiating like mad. I mean, if anyone can Samsung can, right?
Thanks! I was trying to come up with possible real life uses for these attachments. Except for GTR's weekend hobby I had a hard time finding any. Search and rescue using drones gives purpose to both (drones as well)
But then Steve would have nixed it because of the 2 hr battery. A fitness band is a niche product. The time has not come for an independent iWatch which is both a fashion item, health device and fitness device. One day, perhaps, but not yet.
I am sure your wife will be super happy. This looks like a great product but I can't help but think the better solution would have been to ditch the mbp and iPad and buy a mba. (And ideally pair that with a iPhone 6+.) but either way will be good.
Some would argue that they are robbing you blind. Arr!I don't think Apple stores are what is generally considered sterile and corporate. They all look much the same but they are stylish and minimalist and in terms of retail design they are still a cut above the rest. There's nothing cheap about them.
The saving graze of iAds is that when you inadvertently click on one it doesn't take you anywhere, it just opens up 'window' on top which can then be closed and you are exactly where you left off. Nothing is worse when you are taken away from hat you were doing, or even when new browser windows are opened. I have occasionally clicked on an iAd to check out a product (a game), and done so without fear of my trust being abused with hard sell, pop-ups etc. Adverts being what...
Yes, I can see that people will work at home and use the iCloud version of whatever app at work. For numbers, or keynote, perhaps, but Pages? The simplest way to develop a text based project is to use email imo. Then copy and paste into whatever app. Anyway, as I said, I can see the utility - just wondering if anyone uses it.