or Connect

Posts by paxman

Please, no-one mention Steve Jobs, or what Steve Jobs once might have said in this thread. An iPad specific stylus from Apple would be fantastic. Anyone that has tried a 3rd party stylus on an Air will agree. In light of the iPad Pro rumors a stylus is plausible imo. Crossing fingers.
What is also very nice to see is the very old school way of creating the product. The workshop and offices probably haven't changed much over the last couple of centuries. I also love to see the cutters' 'work clothes'. I wonder if the assembly line workers at Bentley are also decked out in bespoke work suits.Up-market can be good and the English version certainly makes good movie material, but I am not sure Apple wants to be too closely linked to the Saville Row /...
He's got the pedigree.
By owning Here Maps Apple would prevent others from not using Apple Maps. I guess. But it is a high price to pay simply to prevent a product's growth and use (and not very -esque), Apple would probably be much better off investing 3 billion+ into Maps.
oops - pretty much a repeat of Splif's comment above.
Equal relative to earnings would be one way to look at it. Equal as in the same amount clearly is not fair, that should be obvious. For that reason a sales tax at whatever percentage is clearly the most unfair tax of all. A sliding scale relative to earnings is generally regarded as fair. If you are privileged in the sense that you have the ability, the nous, wherewithal, the family, the energy, or somehow exist in a fortuitous place where money is plentiful but feel it is...
I have always thought Apple packaging is exceptionally good. There is a story behind it, of which I am sure you are aware. Essentially Steve Jobs' idea was to make it so that thought he process of un-wraping you get to really experience the quality of the fit and finish of the product. Having said that - a tab to lift the product out of the box is definitely a good idea.
Sure , it is a 'compromise' but it should be better than 'dead' glass. Personally I don't rest my fingers on the keyboard - I am not a touch typer and I don't have a problem with typing on an iPad. I don't think there is a question of giving up the keyboard if you spend most of your day typing, in one way or another. So yeah, I can actually type on a keyboard. I spend most of my day in front of the computer, but I am not a writer, nor a coder.
If haptic feedback could be combined with a touch screen it would change everything. A haptic on screen keyboard for instance. I am not quite clear - does the new track pad actually move or is it fixed?
Well nice to know that somebody won't be making any money, then.