or Connect

Posts by paxman

A hack, perhaps, but maybe 'an entertainer' is more apt. Some folks like him others think he is a bafoon.
There is a tendency to take everything Steve Jobs said as gospel which is odd considering he is also famous for changing his mind on a dime.
So, who here will not read this book. I remember there were a few 'no's' to the prospect of the Isaacson Book before it came out.
Yes, Rich Text Editor does add a rich flora of html. Splitting up a post was a nightmare. So thanks.
I figured out the visual inconsitencies - I had my desktop forum set to Rich Text Editor whereas you are using the BB code Editor interface.
 Clever. I am so used to option-shift-k by now, but in IOS that's very useful. My shortcuts sync instantly across my devices so I may create variants. You say that the above is for OS X but the screenshots are from IOS. When I switch to 'code' in Safari (on this forum) its all regular html, no square brackets. Out of curiosity - what do you get when you do 'lll'? Does it just give you two options? And finally, the only truly interesting thing here is what bbb stands for!...
Nifty! - edit - except it works differently  for the IOS app and on OS X (html). Did you set up a shortcut for each? And what is that screenshot of? My comment edit window looks different in both IOS app and Safari.
So your point is that all services go down? Wow! Holy Epiphany!  Do I think an iPhone user would switch to Android because of one iCloud screw-up? What is the matter with you? When did I ever suggest such a thing? Lets just drop this because you're just being obstinate and this discussion is a one way street to nowhere. 
I am in no hurry and will definitely wait. I do occasionally need power so I am a little concerned about that. For me, the ultimate laptop is the 13" MBA. That is fast enough but were I to upgrade today I might go with the MBP for the display. I am all good with the current screen sizes. I spend most of my time with the mb plunged into a big display so even a 12" would be OK.
I have my iTunes library and one of my iPhoto libraries on my external drive which I plug in to my laptop at work. I don't need them with me at all times. With the new usb C you should be able to plug that straight into your ex HD and it should supply the power for the laptop. Another cable should be able to go from the HD to the monitor. Or a hub can be used. Its all doable, or will be over time, me thinks.