or Connect

Posts by paxman

Well, I wrote something about this yesterday - but more the other way around. Someone said the gold edition was 'the best' and I argued it was not, it was perhaps the nicest. Cost + precious materials can equate to the 'nicest', but not the best. I suspect people with a lot of money, of which there are many, will not be able to resist the allure of the sheer luxury but really, shouldn't they expect several days battery and a slimmer design? I wonder if further...
I struggle with preconceptions, and its an interesting struggle. I love it when the status quo, as it were, is up-ended and I realize that my idea of what something truly is is nothing but a construct in my mind. I agree that Apple has thought this out well and is doing the right thing. The term 're-define' is so overused it has become an empty cliché but that is what Apple is trying to do. It is a challenge to alter people's perception of what a watch is. This may well be...
Can you plug the hard drive to the mains and the hard drive to the monitor and the monitor to the mb? Or any single line configuration thereof? This could get very tidy.
 Balding, not balled. Most men who lose their hair begin balding at a pretty early age. 
🔆  -   The sound of white balding heads popping.
I guess some people have a deeper knowledge of each board member, though I gotta agree - under the present circumstances it is hard to fault the board. There is the Al Gore factor of course, and there are number of people who strongly disapproves of his general existence on this board. Admittedly this board probably has very little influence on the Apple board. Oh yeah, some of them frequent this joint. 
Sure. I don't think TC spoke about 'human rights' as per written in law. I think he expressed his opinion and in so doing laid out Apple's stance and as such his points are valid. People try and make this a left v right kind of issue and there is a lot of knee jerking going on on both sides of the fence. I think Tim was trying to steer clear of party politics when he referred to privacy as a human right, and yes, I am pretty certain most people consider their privacy their...
In the words of Tim Cook: (this interview was covered by AI a couple of weeks back) “None of us should accept that the government or a company or anybody should have access to all of our private information. This is a basic human right. We all have a right to privacy. We shouldn't give it up. We shouldn't give in to scare-mongering or to people who fundamentally don’t understand the details.”  “History has taught us that privacy breaches have resulted in very dire...
   -   that made me laugh!
Nice report. Hands on and 'working software', and all that. Pity the software clearly stopped working after the headline had been written.