or Connect

Posts by paxman

Only that the iWatch is supposed to be the great new device with all sorts of sensors, but if the better sensor comes in the form of a patch that communicates with an app on the iPhone then what's all the fuss about the iWatch about? I am still very skeptical of the iWatch, and I'd rather be seen speaking into an oversized phone than a watch.
I guess smoking is only one part of the equation. Diet would be another and I suspect the US must be world leaders in crappy food, if you can call half the stuff that's consumed food, that is.
Getting people to quit is not a black and white thing. If you are going to deny them health care, or charge them for treatment, how about simply shutting down the tobacco companies ? Not quite straight forward, I think, but I'd be more in Favor of penalizing businesses that make their fortunes from preying on people's weaknesses knowing full well it's killing them and overloading health care.
Which begs the question - why the iWatch?
Yes, and more importantly, and awful lot of Americans, and people of other nationalities, too I'm pretty sure, are over the age of 55. A great many of those people have a direct interest in measuring their state of physical health and for every year that passes the percentage of that group will increase.This is a very big deal, I suspect. Not only will it help people in a real way whilst making Apple shed loads of money, it may represent a big health care saving.
This is just the app. How sensors will be attached, work and communicate with the app is for Apple to know and us to speculate. Aha ok there is no reliable glucose sensor available now but it will come. Maybe Google's contact lens will communicate with this alleged app?
Love the $100.- off the $8,299.- MP! Deal of the century.
Ahrendts is still unproven in an Apple context and she is not know for her public presentations, but to get a woman with 'mojo' to present and 'sell' Apple would be good, in theory. TC is great but a little yawn inducing.
Looks like a nice remote. For me the Apple one is just too small and the app is too sensitive and slow to get going when you are watching. The only thing I would change on the Boxee one would be to put the three front buttons in a horizontal row so there is no need to change grip to press the buttons. On another note - how long before 'shop iPod' will disappear?
No, but you have to live with the ads and limited 'skips' which you won't when iTunes Radio comes to your country and you have an iTunes Match subscription. Personally I do as you suggest but as implied by the very word, a 'workaround' is a pain in the a.