or Connect

Posts by paxman

Color choices on the iPhone is a bit silly, really. Not that I don't care - I weigh up my options and prejudices like the next guy, but how many people wear their iPhones naked (Not you - the phone! geez!) 
On the other hand this could be an Apple test run. If the sapphire proves to be 'unbreakable' and become destined for the iPhone the fact that this phone will be covered far and wide in every blog, rumor and news site on the planet will hardly hurt Apple. On the contrary. If the screen turns out to be no good, ditto for Apple. Perhaps Apple has a licensing deal with caveat, already. Probably not, but its possible, is it not?
How about charging for an update? We are used to that for other software so why not for IOS apps? Keep the app you have or pay for the new features. Does Apple allow that?
Yep, I agree. At least it has the potential to be huge. With the momentum Apple has now third party hard and software vendors have a great opportunity they are not going to want to miss out on.
This is a big nothing. People will buy these as a joke, not to pretend they have an aWatch. It reminds me of the Rolexes of yesteryear. I had one of those and it lasted a couple of months. The difference is that a fake Rolex shares with the original the sole useful function of telling the time. A cheap aWatch copy can't match such functional parity so to own one is just silly. From a jewelry perspective neither a Rolex nor aWatch counterfeit will cut the mustard in the...
It's kinda bullshit, actually. Turning lights on and off manually is very easy, precise and fool proof. The potentials savings using 'specialized algorithms to recorded user behavior and data gathered by onboard sensors'  are questionable when using LED bulbs. Personally I think its a case of 'we do because we can' and that home automation is a bit of a fad. The useful features will survive and the rest will forever be niche, or disappear. 
 I think your distinction is to the point though 'complicate' can also be positive, of course. It depends on the person and the activity.Re the rhetorical parallel and its aesthetic appeal - to be quite honest I often have no idea of what comes first, the aesthetic or the or the idea. Often the words just appear and help shape the thought - there is no plan. But often as the words appear the thought evolves and... well, complexify ;). Not so great in debate but helpful in...
Counting my steps would expose my lack of exercise, without a doubt. Let me know what you think of the video. He has done a couple of other ones that are very interesting. The one on 'fasting', in particular. I'll see if I can find it if you are interested.
What? Are you certain? (Hint: you are not)There is a subtle but distinct difference in practical terms. Once the complexity has been overcome simplification may be the result.
HealthKit, Homekit, iWatch + IOS combo will be huge and make investors very happy in the future, is my guess. Let's hope Apple can make the software as dazzling as its hardware. They have a lot on their plate right now and they are rapidly upping the ante.