or Connect

Posts by paxman

What, are you the ski hill nazi? Do you still use 230's and ski with your skis locked together, arms horizontal? There is a time and place for everything and your generalizations above suggest you have no idea what you are talking about. If you want solitude and pristine mountains go back country. Racing down a congested piste with music blaring is unsafe but it something I have never witnessed personally. Maybe you choose the wrong hills.
Unless the thing is measuring your sleep... errr... patterns? Not sure how sleep is measured but I am sure it requires wearing the thing. Charge time is more important than battery life imo. If 30 mins will see you through the night its not too problematic. 30 secs or less for 24 hrs is the ultimate target.
Mine, too. My kids have iPhones and they use iTube to create play lists and cache their music. iTube radio plays streamed music from youtube and caches everything inc ads. Afterwards you can delete ads or any tracks you don't want. Very easy to use. Completely free. Everything available. Any suggestion otherwise confirms me completely lame. Its all their friends ever use. 
I don't actively use iTunes much but wouldn't it be better if you could create a music preference profile that would immediately display genres and artists you like? That way indie labels and artists would be better profiled for its intended audience. I do know that when I open iTunes what I see is mostly of no interest to me.
I am not so sure if this is that much different. Sure, the interface will be much improved but we still have to pay monthly for a package, the content of which we may only want a little of.Personally I look forward to the day all new and live content is available on iTunes against a 'per view' or 'season' purchase. I am fine with everything older than new being available on Netflix.
My first thought.
I'm a bit of both but metric is the only logical system in this day and age. It is kinda beautiful the way it is all based on water, too. I do like imperial, too. I like the fact that it is all based on the human body. Kinda quaint. Why do you think metric is hippie? That's an odd one, for sure.Oh and seriously, 240v is way superior. It zaps you a little more when you get a shock, is all.
The idea of shooting the movie over 12 years is amazing. It gives you a completely different perception of time. The story unfolds over the same time it takes to shoot, and actors and characters age in unison. Sounds simple and obvious but the effect is profound. Both of those two films I'd like to see again which is unusual. I just really enjoyed myself. Both have kept me thinking since I saw them. Can't get them out of my head.
Whiplash is an awesome movie in my opinion. Great performances and wicked drumming. I have a small problem with the final, what? 10 seconds, but I choose to eliminate it from my memory. A very intense movie.
Do you really feel that the fact that his films are violent and that there is profanity is a reflection of Scorcese as a director? Or how many wives he's had. That's what hogwash. It makes no sense.