or Connect

Posts by paxman

It is a matter of principle. It would state that officially, in the USA sexual discrimination is a not approved, it is a thing of the past. In the end the discussion comes down to whether a person's sexual orientation is a matter choice. I would argue that anybody who thinks so is basing that on the fact that their own sexual orientation is beyond choice. If not I would dare anybody to chose to change their sexual orientation for a week. Nothing is lost, just one week....
I don't for a moment think you are confused about yourself, but your lack of insight, understanding and empathy would point to some kind of condition, or just lack of people experience. Be that as it may, your previous comment was ridiculous.
Except this concerns basic human rights. It is long overdue and I take my hat off to TC for using his position to encourage decision makers to challenge their own bigotry.
Sometimes you come across as confused pre-teen. Seriously.
Music never really sounded great in the vinyl days unless it was played loudly (probably the same now). The thing is that audiophiles in those days (probably same now) spent a shocking amount of money on their gear. I had a teacher whose record player cartridge alone cost a couple of grand. No wonder it sounded better than some $200.- Bluetooth speakers.
An interesting review (of sorts) and good comments on the Pono and audio quality generally. http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/05/pono-neil-young-24bit-192khz-review
Really? I wonder if you have just failed to figure the 'new' iMovie out. I don't use it that much but I did recently and was amazed at how simple it was.
The iPhone 5 is larger than the 4, which is 'perfect'? The truth is there is no perfect and even if there was it is a moving target. What's perfect today is not perfect tomorrow. For me, the 5 is perfect but there are many that feel the previous generation was the perfect size (someone here, can't remember who, said he thought the iPhone 5 was good, he didn't 'love it'. He did 'love' his 4, however). For people  who only need a single device, and who may not use it much as...
Yes, but then again, no, depending on where you stand. But Software is different from U/I and there is no real requirement for JI to be a software expert. The same applies to visual design and user interface, though there must be more of an overlap. User Interface has more to do with the interaction between the user and the software than the 'look'. I don't know how much JI is involved in any of those areas, and ditto Greg Christie, though I am sure that as head of U/I...
Funny this should pop up now - I am having trouble with Mail. It crashes, and search results are unreliable. Sometimes I cannot find a recent email but when I search it shows up, other time the exact opposite - an email will not show up in search. But looking at Mailbox I am very unsure - I think I'll hold off for now. Apple needs to put some work into Mail - it should be rock solid.