or Connect

Posts by paxman

Huh? What exactly are you saying? What I read from your comment is that your understanding of 'government' is such that you disapprove so strongly that the prospect of some, or a substantial portion of, a fine levied against Google going to the government would be such a bad thing that you'd rather see the alleged crime go unpunished and thus the ethical questions the alleged crime raises be ignored to avoid this happening?
It is more important to have an internal SSD and run your system and apps from that drive. Having to access files of an HDD is not that much of a problem imo.
The best possible upgrade imo. You'll experience a dramatic improvement.
Selfridges has a great location, lose to bond street & Regent Street, Mayfair & Covent Garden (ish). It is a huge and fantastic looking store with a great history. It isn't the most upmarket but it sits comfortably in the upper middle, not excluding any demographic. More upscale and with the same brand recognition would be Harrods and Liberty. I don't think John Lewis or Peter Jones (actually owned by John Lewis for many years) fit the bracket. John Lewis is a great store...
I think he does - he puts them in an 'Apple folder'. Not sure what he puts in it as a folder can take a lot of apps.
Really? What are you hiding and what are you replacing them with?
It is fitting to name the new building after SJ in my view. As TC is always pointing out Steve lives on in the DNA of Apple. One day Tim will have something named after him and it will be well deserved.And Slurpy - please stop obsessing about BF. You and others manage to make virtually every thread about him, derailing the conversation from other far more interesting derailments. Simply skip his posts and any replies to them. Forever commenting on them is...
He would have been pleased as punch. He obviously would have had something to say about most things but I think if Steve came back today he would have appreciated the many changes Tim has made and admitted he'd never have made those choices. I wonder if given the choice he'd even want to take back the reins. Apple is in a much better place than it ever was, right now.
I'd be interested to hear more from Ahrendts. It is hard to tell what is her's in the changing Apple retail store design. I'd also like to know more about her perspective on where Apple retail is going both online and brick and mortar.
Let's see... picture Steve Wozniak in a hurry at his desk plugging in a USB at the back of his iMac to upload some image from his camera.I think most people here are perfectly capable of plugging in a USB but not all of us roll our sleeves up, correct our glasses, and pull up our slacks before we carefully kneel down on one knee so we get a clear view, before inserting the USB firmly gripped between thumb and index at the optimal angle. Like normal people tech oriented...