or Connect

Posts by paxman

Yes, and I'm not upset about it at all, but I do think it was a mistake. The irony was that hours later Apple issued the IOS 8 upgrade which required a lot of users to throw lots of data out in order to gain enough free space for the upgrade.
Myt family shares an Apple ID / account for all music / iBooks/ app purchases. Everyone curates their own devices. This account is also our iTunes Match account. Not sure how this differed from an family account. What would I gain from turning this into a Family Sharing account? The issue of individual gift cards is interesting - we have come across this problem. Does a Family Account resolve those? The problemfor me is that the main library (iCloud) contains a lot of...
Couldn't agree more. I find it amazing that he is the head of one of the largest companies in the world and yet seems so grounded and genuine. It is hard to fault Apple at this point.
It isn't, but adding anything to a private account even if it has automatic downloads switched on is overstepping the line IMO. In this case it was not a huge deal but I'm surprised it was done this way rather than just offering the album up for free. Its the principle of the act that is questionable, not the intention behind it.
But how is your lawn doing? ;)
Ditto, but the iPhone must be plugged in. That makes it useful in the car, for me. During the week it is the only plugging in / charging I do, and also where I use Siri the most. Turning down the lights or thermostats in the house will require me to physically press the button, however. Not a huge deal. Maybe one day in the future I will have an old Siri enables phone plugged in in every room...?  
Little Britain is essentially the definition of a Squirmfest. One squirms a lot when viewing. 
Total Squirmfest   (as always)
I'd like a debit card type option for aPay. These are popular in the UK / Canada. Not sure about the US. Basically upon swiping the money is transferred directly from the bank to the merchant. It makes managing cash on a daily basis much simpler. added: It would for instance be great if kids / teenagers / young adults could check their bank balance and if funds were available use their iPhone to make purchases. Credit cards are not great for the above demographic.