or Connect

Posts by paxman

I am not a massive fan but I certainly can appreciate his music and his showmanship. He is generally regarded a s a creative genius and his guitar playing is incredible. I saw him in London a long time ago and it was unbelievable. He may be weird but so what? At least he's not boring or predictable.
Prince is pretty big. Ideally you want all the 'greats', whether you like them or not.
I am loving it, using Beats1 and several of the other radio stations. Apple Music seems to have real depth and I am sure it will develop over time. I expect Beats 2, 3 an 4 to follow if beats 1 is successful. I am pretty sure I'll be continuing on the family plan when my 3 months are up.
Yes, but first you have to read an memorize the entire article, too. It complicated
And those are just the banner products under which much of the innovative development work happens. The thoughtless quest for 'innovation' is like when People claim the iPhone is getting old and that Apple needs come out with a completely 'innovative' new version that will 'blow our minds'.
I wouldn't call it inverse capitalism. It would be more like means based arts income tax where the money specifically goes towards nurturing the arts. I'm not even suggesting such a thing should be exclusive to streaming.
I agree with what you say. What I personally like about the streaming model, as in Apple Music, is seeing the breadth of music available. It offers so many ways to listen to so much music I never knew existed. I also really like Beats 1. It differs from most North American music radio in that it offers an deeper and more knowledgable insight into genres of music and individual artists by people who are passionate about what they play. I look forward to the introduction of...
True, and I would never suggest that Apple enforced such a policy. It was more of a philosophical thought. The implementation of any such tax, or wealth redistribution, or whatever you'd call it would have to be with a general consensus among artist, big and small. The idea would not be to penalize the successful ones or to rob them of their hard earned cash, but rather to foster a sense of 'community' for lack of a better word, and a spirit of 'giving back'. Any artist...
Maybe there ought to be a pay scale based on units sold. So if you are a very successful artist (often played) you get paid very little for each play and if you are a little known (rarely played) you get much more. The goal would be for the highly successful very rich artists to subsidize the up and coming artist. I am all for success and rightfully earned riches but also for a little wealth distribution. The important thing is that for the fledgeling artist it is about...
I wonder how much Beats Radio will affect the success of Apple Music. I suspect BR1 (and more to come) will be hugely successful. An important part of Apple Music is music discovery for its customers and a exposure for musicians. So far I really like what I see and hear but I suspect the make or break ultimately lies with people half my age. Edit: Option/Shift-k no longer works for apple icons? And - I agree with wood1208 below