or Connect

Posts by paxman

The long and convoluted way round.  Still, I can see how that might have worked   :)
Exactly. Being right is relative. There are very few absolute truths. Specially in the tech world. The surprise it could be argued, is not that the 6 is outselling the 6+ 3 to 1 but that the 6+ is selling as well as it is. Personally I am not at all surprised by this.
Yes, but people like to have their minds. blown. Incremental upgrades just don't cut it. People want a total mind blowing redesign. Something totally new and revolutionary. How you do that is  another question. Drugs, perhaps?
The fact that you 'figured it was coming' doesn't make it less of an upgrade.
Chip cards? A decade late, but you know... welcome.
Certainly makes the basic aWatch seem like a steal.
I feel no need for a third party keyboard but I'd love the ability to invoke an additional row (numbers) that would stay for as long as I wanted it to. I hate having to flip back and forth.
It looks to me as if it is much the same thing - Both parties need to be registered online bank users, and both parties need to have an email address linked to that online banking account. In order to access respective accounts, however, and to issue or receive a payment you need to log into your account. So no personal details are ever sent across during a transaction. I guess if a wicked parti can hijack you email account and successfully link that email address to...
 They don't accept anything based on an email address. You have to log into your online banking account and issue the payment. It is very easy and how I pay many of my bills. Like I said, there is too much friction for high volume sales, but it is very quick and easy and costs next to nothing. Essentially all you do is authorize  payment, bank to bank.Here's a bit of their sales pitch: None of your financial details, card numbers or login information are shared with the...
to you and @Mr Applebaum - Exactly. I think we are all on the same page. As far as MCX, I am not worried and my only point is I am fine with its existence. I have to admit, as a merchant I get kinda excited about a system which bypasses the Credit Card companies. There is a company called Dwolla that offers a payment service similar to MCX in the sense that you need to give them access to your bank account. I am not at all sure how secure or not this is but it makes for...