or Connect

Posts by paxman

I am all for Apple technology in schools but I have seen it first hand being used so ineffectively it hurts. To improve education however, technology is just a tiny piece of the puzzle. It is interesting to look at how Finland runs their school system and the results they achieve. Finland's school system has consistently ranked at the very top internationally. Some interesting facts: Finnish children don't start school until they are 7. Compared with other systems,...
Airing of Laundry - is that what this is?
One's traitor is the other's freedom fighter. It is hard to call Snowden a traitor if you know anything about the subject. What you have to consider is what price you and I and millions of other may have to pay in the future if Snowden had not acted. The 'terrorism' card as it is not what this is about at all.
Snowden is a whistleblower which is very different from being a traitor. The documentary Citizenfour is a great movie that sheds some light onto Snowden as a character and what drove him to do as he did. It is a chilling film and highly recommended.
Nothing missed. We are talking about a three month period that in my opinion should be shouldered by Apple, a friend to the artist, the company that thinks different, the wealthiest company in the world, and not by the artist nor the indie labels who struggle to get by. The fact that Apple pays more royalties is good. Kudos where kudos is due.
A free trial is fine but it should be on Apple, not the musicians or labels. The reason for this is obvious. It is in Apple's interest to help small independents. For Apple it is 'blip' on the profit graph, for a tiny label it could mean the end. There is no benefit in that.
Been using Size-Up for years which allows you to resize windows vertically or horizontally with basic key combos. It also lets you use additional monitors and allows you to work with spaces though I never use those features. The ability to lane two windows / apps up in a split screen view using a key stokes is very fast and useful.
I don't necessarily disagree, but you have to look at it from the other point of view as well. It definitely is not a one way street. Employers do not trust their employees and go out of their way to pay them as little as possible which obviously fosters an 'us against them' relationship. If you step back for a minute and look at how much many companies make (absolutely Apple, too), perhaps the question should not be 'how little can we possibly get away with paying our...
From Apple: What happens to my Beats Music service? Once Apple Music launches on June 30, you can easily move your current Beats Music subscription over to Apple Music. Just open Beats Music on your iOS device and you’ll be prompted to join Apple Music. Once you’ve signed up, the playlists you’ve created or subscribed to and the albums you’ve saved in your Beats Music library will all be available to you in Apple Music. Still have questions? Read the FAQ at Beats...
Everybody here needs to spend five minutes over at Apple.com/music and learn. There is a free service, you can move over from Beats, etc. Its all there. Not hard.