or Connect

Posts by paxman

The unique feature of Fantastical for OS X is the menu bar pull-down. I use that all the time and most of the time it's all I need. It is for that reason alone I love the software. All the other features look nice but superfluous. Once Apple calendar is open you can pretty much use natural language to add events there, too, I find. ---- EDIT ---- On further investigation.... Having taken a look at their website I have to say it looks very good and well thought out. I...
Reported!Now you're in trouble!
I stand corrected. He is a troll. But my point stands - just ignore his posts. Unless getting riled and partaking in endless bickering matches is your (one's) thing, of course. I know a lot of people here like to throw their weight around, beat their chests and call people 'morons', but personally I try to flip through those posts. I waste far too much of my working life hanging out here as it is and I only enjoy the informative and intelligent threads.
I don't really think he is a troll as such. He is just a cranky guy who doesn't know when to shut up - and he enjoys bugging the shit out of people. He proclaims to be a Christian which goes to prove that a religious leaning does not make one any more virtuous. The best way as always is to ignore. Scroll past and do not read his posts. Slurpy cannot help himself which he should know is just fodder for the old git.
How does it look on your lunch?
Exactly my thought. I have also owned two Panasonic camcorders with 3ccd's. They were both had fantastic image quality.
Why does the headline on the AI front page use the Isaacson cover img as the story thumbnail? Odd.
I read the Isaacson one and enjoyed it in spite of its shortcomings. I just bought the iBooks version of Becoming Steve Jobs and will read it on my iPhone & iPad. So far it looks great. It definitely seem more connected and relevant from a storytelling pov. Isaacson may be a great writer but there was no sense he was anything but an observer. He never truly experienced the essence of SJ and that comes across in the book. Perhaps the best way to learn about Apple and Steve...
You are talking from a US perspective. Not that that isn't valid but outside of the US the TV is much less useful due to lack of content. The lack of content such as movies and television is problematic and as we know it is a giant task t resolve this quickly due to every market needs to be dealt with individually. In many markets there is much friction. Introducing apps / games, on the TV will go a long way in making it a more desirable item outside of North America.
That's what I call niche use! :-)