or Connect

Posts by paxman

Apple would never do that.... wait... um....... umm
The color sounds awful to me. Like anodized metallic salmon. I used to own a 'champagne' colored car. It was horrible. But that's just me - color is a subjective choice and I'll always respect other's choice. I might shake my head quietly. I mean, I used to drive a metallic beige car!
An album. Vinyl only. No question. Probably all Beatles covers on the Apple label. I'm sure he'll do a cover of William Shatner's cover of 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds'
T'is funny, but no one claimed Apple invented it. They just spoke a little about how awesome it is.
When did you test it? Recently? I used Copy, for a while but it was a pest and made my mac slow to a crawl whenever it synced which seemed to be always. iCloud so far has been painless and transparent. I like DropBox but unlike you I am not a fan of constant notifications telling me this or that files has been synced. But I have never had a problem with DB so if iCloud doesn't pan out I will pay for a TB at DB.
The iCloud folder on a OSX system does exactly that. It contains a folder for each app, but you are also able to save whatever else in your own folders. At the moment that file structure is not visible on an IOS device but I assume this will change with the new iCloud app is IOS 9. At present you are able to create a hierarchy of folders within the iWorks App folders, though this hierarchy is not visible on an IOS device. Hopefully this too will change.
We have family sharing and I pay 99 cents per account within that package for 20gb each. So no, unless it has changed now. 99 cent per account is so low it makes no difference. The only change I'd like to see is the ability to pay annually. As it is I get 4 emails per month telling me that 99 cents has been charged to my account. The word for that is Spam, in my book.
An iCloud app in IOS9 will be welcome. I also hope that IOS Apps such as Numbers will b able to see deeper than one level down. At the moment any folder containing another folder is not visible.
I am hoping they will include an iCloud app. The web version (not accessible on ios) allows you to access files moved there from Mac OS. These files are invisible on IOS. Even Numbers or Pages docs are not accessible if they are more than one level down in a folder structure.Edit : Have to say this new iPad looks amazing. Given the above it is 'almost' and great laptop replacement. For graphic artists it is an obvious purchase. I know we will have one in our house by...
I use Siri often and find it very useful in the car, but I look forward to improvements. Only today I had a tedious conversation with Siri where I wanted to know the opening times of my local Ducati dealership and all she wanted to talk about was 'you Cathy'. Wouldn't shut up about it no matter how many times I told her otherwise.