or Connect

Posts by paxman

And if he does brilliantly at his next venture, or the one after that, what does that make him?
That is not a fair test. Being a great CEO does not mean you can turn ANY company or product around, nor is the requirement that you have to be able to step into any size company and be successful. Tim Cook is pretty much the best there is at where he and Apple is now.What failing smartphone vendor would he have to turn around in order to prove his worth? I think it is pretty clear that Tim Cook is passionate about Apple in a very broad sense, and not just as a money...
Absolutely agree. I also think Tim Cook is a visionary leader contrary to what has often been claimed in these forums. Different kind of visionary than Steve Jobs but a visionary all the same. To take a company from what it was a few years ago to what it is now - a huge mainstream corporate entity - and to increase its integrity, standing and leadership amongst both small and large companies all over the world in so many different areas is amazing. Tim Cook definitely has...
In which case I can just imagine the poor people in the marketing dept banging their heads against their desks.
It tells you the age of the Swatch marketing department.
He he - exactly my thought. In fact, that was the claim that confirmed everything else as bs. Swatch is just gently ruffling some feathers, creating a bit of a stir getting people to talk about them. I really don't think Apple is that concerned. Just because they have trademarked 'one more thing' does not mean that Tim Cook is not allowed to speak the words 'just one more thing' to a live audience. In fact, I suspect that the day ads and billboards advertising Swatch...
I agree with all of that and would have made the same choices. I think it is a cultural thing that has allowed wages beyond what anybody could ever possibly need to become acceptable. I know this is hugely unpopular here but I wander if this is where regulation would be useful, following a wide and open debate. A salary cap in the name of reasonable equity. It would be interesting to see what companies would do to make themselves attractive to desirable candidates.
There is a cheap solution - a proclip bracket with a charging cable, and if you want the works, direct connection to your existing system. Not as elegant but most of CarPlay features for a lot less money.
I think that is exactly why he is such a great CEO for Apple.
No question Apple execs and TC in particular deserve recognition and ample reward. That doesn't mean that today's ridiculously high executive remuneration packages are justifiable. It is a crazy system that facilitates it and crazy that people find it acceptable. It's basically just bragging right above a certain point and to his credit TC is modest and not a braggart and clearly is neither impressed by nor motivated by personal wealth.