or Connect

Posts by paxman

Does that mean you are your own friend?? And that all the others chipped together for a single Roky??Just kidding! Geez....
Scientific proof
Why do I get the feeling most posters here are white men? Hmmm, I wonder.
Is this corporate purchases beginning to pick up? I struggle to think why people would by a Windows machine for personal use in this day and age. Granted, I am biased and live in an Apple dominated computer world. I know very few people that use PC's. It used to be very different. When Apple brings out its IOS driven clamshell Air, life will change forever, once again. Believe it.
How do your gay family members and gay friends feel about your view that being gay, lesbian or transgender is nothing but a sexual preference? I can't imagine they love you as much as you claim you love them.
I am somewhat less cynical than you because I don't think that was the only motivation. But yes, marketing was a certainly big part of it. My 'complaint' if you can call it that, was that Apple were too spineless and sanitized their support. 
Browser based Apple Maps can't come soon enough. I am not a huge fan of the standalone Maps App on OSX. Maps is usually used in conjunction with other browser based activity. 
An all glass / sapphire iPhone sounds scary. Besides, it would be a pointless exercise if it required any kind of cover. If the material has enough flex to bounce without shattering or scratching... I'm all in.   I am all over an all glass display, iMac, television set. Perhaps a few years from now we'll be looking back at the aluminum days with nostalgia.
My guess is that it is genuine support that became a marketing event. But in this case to loudly display the Apple logo is a good thing as it makes it clear that a main stream American brand like Apple supports diversity and is inclusive. As to your second paragraph, I tend to agree. For me, Apple was too cautious with the imagery. If you didn't know this was an LGBT parade you'd never guess it from this video. It is very sanitized and I feel they could have gone a little...
Anyone tried Motion Tennis?