or Connect

Posts by paxman

My iPhone sits in a cradle (charging) on the dash. I use Siri a lot and i am always impressed how well it works, dictating texts (I am the weak link), or opening apps or pulsing music, or any other question I have. The biggest annoyance so far is that when I want know where a country is located it shows me the capital, not the country on a map. Hardly a deal breaker
Wireless functionality will be welcome though I love my wired cradle. Its the natural place for my phone in the car and it is the only charging I ever do except occasionally on week-ends.
Very good article by John Gruber. Couldn't agree more.
What could work is an iPad / iPhone content store. Buy your game / show / season / movie and next time you turn on your aTV  - voila! There is an icon representing your purchase. At the moment navigation via iPhone  / iPad is not good. I think Apple need to re-design the interface.
Apple TV is used by a lot of businesses and educational institutions. If you use iPads in your organization it makes sense to have an ATV connected to every screen. It is a relatively small investment for fantastic functionality. Remember those cables and adapters to the TV / smart board / projector?
Oh, the volume! Never forget to turn the volume right down before switching to ATV. And every time we use airplay we scramble for the remote. No, let me correct that... we scramble for the right remote. A new box will probably be nice but I am very happy with the performance and functionality of my atv2 generally. For me its all about the software now. I'd like to hide or delete all those useless icons I will never use. I think Netfix should have a two tier plan. The 9...
As tech improves our expectation and impatience increase equally. Whereas a mistype might produce a 'sigh' and a double mistype a 'sigh' followed by an exasperated expletive, a single mis-recognition will summon an indignant 'WTF?' (useless tech!)
I have had very mixed results with touch ID and have reprogrammed several times. The fingers I use the most are kind of messed up (cracked, dry,  scarred) so I used different fingers, but with mixed results. Eventually I gave up and just used the usual code. But recently I tried again, making sure I programmed the part of my finger I actually use to unlock the phone and deviating very little from that area (only when told to by Apple), and voila! I have touch ID. It works...
Huh? Delete locally stored music? I can have match enabled and choose to see everything on iCloud or not. No need to delete anything. Can you elaborate?
Yes, their ec2 service perhaps. But I generally don't admire low prices per se. Amazon is the King of internet commerce, or at least it was, but I still find it hard to admire them. The sell cheap, as does the dollar store, granted. I admire companies for quality, design, and all sorts of other qualities, but rarely cheap. Amazon is significant, and impressive but admirable? Admirable suggests the embodiment of mostly positive qualities and Amazon hardly fits the term in...