or Connect

Posts by paxman

No advertiser would be interested in pushing ads onto such a person's screen.
Agree. Hands down.I like TC but I find myself speeding through his slow and laboring declarations. He is too rehearsed.
Very true. Jobs had clarity and vision... or so it seemed. Famously he used everyone around him to get to that point. He had 'something' that resulted in great results an unusual number of times, but I can very easily imagine that Jobs must have been a nightmare to work for for virtually every agency creative. Not all ads under Jobs were brilliant. The smug Jeff Goldblum voiced ads come to mind.
I tend to agree. The reason JI shouldn't do (control) the ads is that he gets too introspective and philosophical. Nothing wrong with that but he is not a great communicator, which is why he doesn't present on stage. I am not sure there will be the kind of dynamic balance within Apple there was in SJ's days. Much of that was probably dysfunctional but it worked through sheer force of character. The fact that SJ was a multifaceted genius made it all work. For someone to...
Oh man, I couldn't disagree more. In this and age upstarts, 'know it alls' and 'media experts' are a dime a dozen. Creatives with clarity of vision, deep understanding of the message and the audience, and clear leadership, are very very hard to find. To get the marketing strategy right for a company like Apple is impossibly difficult, made more so by the fact that 'creative talent' and 'marketing nous' is something that seemingly every Tom Dick and Harriet has...
Bye bye Waze. I am sure Apple evaluated a purchase and decided 'not' was the better option. Looks like Maps is developing well.
That demo was awesome bar the one little (ok, pretty major) hiccup. The demo showed the potential of the technology.  I wonder how the cars can be controlled real time. Was he doing that or was everything programmed?
Par for the course, I'm afraid. As soon as everything that has been endlessly foretold is announced this forum (and every tech article out there) will announce their disappointment at the lack of Wow!. 
You can do it without breaking the speed limit. Buy a roll or sticky tape (unless you have a dash holder) and tape your iPad / phone to the dash. Now you can watch while driving. best of both worlds.... I think.
It is much more than a banner. It is a message. It was thought about a great deal, it was designed with a purpose in mind. Very few man made things are ever 'just'. Well designed 'things' never are.