or Connect

Posts by paxman

Wow, good for you, mate. I wish I'd done the same.
Huh? What a slip up!!! Shame on you! ;)
Its all relative. Apple would prefer not to have to go there but if Samsung blatantly copies their products Apple can set the value exactly where they want. Personally I don't think it is excessive at all.  
I can see situations where the glossy screen is a problem - specially if the user is not at liberty to make any changes to the work environment. But why would a designer choose to work in brightly lit office without the ability to dim or shade the light? That doesn't make sense even with matte screens. Ditto video editors (I have never been in an edit suite that was compromised by the lighting). But there are many brightly lit spaces with lots of windows and maybe those...
Yes, and the mba's will be very last of the bunch, me thinks.
Go on - say 'iPhone 5'.... everyone else does :). If it is released as 'the iPhone' you can call it the 6th iPhone, and if it is called the iPhone 5 (i know it won't - silly us all) it will just be an identifier. It really is the 6th iPhone!  ;)
This site totally sucks on an iPhone, too. Reading the comments is a matter of zooming in and scrolling left to right as you go. The site also seems to disable the Apple spell checker's ability to correct a mistake by right clicking.
"I don't want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I won't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that's all I want." - Steve Jobs
I suspect you fall outside of 'normal use'. In your case, as in many other who need to file things away in a particular way in order to keep track of projects etc, the best system is the traditional file system, tailor configured by you to suit your specify needs, imo. If you need to work across devices you can use dropbox or sugar sync or similar. 
It is not necessarily true that people have no clue. The file system is basically based on what people have been doing for years - filing. There is a desktop and there are drawers, shelves and filing cabinets. Most people will understand that and if related to a computer I think most people get it. But that isn't the problem... To see what the problem is go and see how most people organize their desks, their cabinets and drawers and filing cabinets. The theory is simple,...