or Connect

Posts by Res

Thanks for the advice. If I had gotten it from Apple I would have gone with the 5870, but I got it off Amazon, so I had to go with the stock model. I will probably upgrade the card in a couple of months.
Hi all, I finally managed to justify the cost of a Mac Pro and ordered the base 8 core model (it will get here Tuesday). I only have about 400-500 dollars left to complete the system, so I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions on which monitor to get (and are there any essential upgrades that I need)? Thanks!
For the people who really want a second interal hard drive insted of the optical, just get one from MCE http://www.mcetech.com/optibay/index.html they are not hard to instal at all, but you can have them do it for $49.00.
Remember folks, removing the DVD drive only saves about 160 grams (5.6 ounces) in weight, and since they are the same 9.5mm in hight as the hard drive, removing it would not make the laptop any thiner. The screen size determines the other dimensions, so unless you are taking about Apple making an 8-10 inch netbook (which they won't), removing the optical drive will not shrink the laptops at all. It would, of course, make room for some other components (which nixes any...
Uh, no, it is not dumb. Some people are going to take the iPad with them everywhere, and some of those people would be really happy if they could just use it to replace their iPhone. They are not saying that they expected the current iPad to be able to make calls, they are wishing that it had that capability. Personally, when I get my iPad I do not envision carrying it everywhere, so it would not work for me, but I can understand the desire. With the use of a bluetooth...
One of the main reasons that people are jailbreaking their Iphone is that the current os is, if not broken, not working for them as as well as it could. I have not jailbroken my iphone, but I might do so if the next os does not make a couple of changes to the interface. I think that the current interface was designed with the idea that people would only have 10 - 30 or so apps, but I have over 100 spread over 11 pages on my phone right now, and I am tired of flipping...
Aren't you describing the Macbook Air? The last time I checked it was selling nowhere near the numbers of the Macbook Pros...
Unless you are using a custom fitted earphone, there is no way to know how close the speaker is going to be from an individual's ear drum, or how tight the ear bud is going to fit into the canal. So using the same volume setting and earbuds, the sound waves that reach my eardrum might be at a safe sound pressure, but for you the sound pressure might be enough to permanently damage your hearing. There is no way for Apple (or any other company for that matter), to know how...
One of my sisters and my father want to upgrade their aging macbooks, but they both need firewire for their camcorders. The lack of firewire is a major deal breaker, and they cannot afford the cost of Macbook Pros... so what are their options now?
You might have something corrupted. I have 16 pop e-mail accounts and a bunch of rules and subfolders to help sort the hundreds of emails I get every day, and Mail in leopard has not had one glitch on my macbook pro. The only problems I have had with leopard is that it did not play nice with my versions of photoshop, illustrator, and filemaker pro.