or Connect

Posts by 6ryph3n

Maybe Apple can get a few content deals worked out and then just launch, leaving the holdouts in the cold until they come around like they did with NBC. They don't have to get all content available at launch, they just need to get enough to promote widespread abandonment of cable subscriptions. That movement is already started thanks to Netflix, Hulu, and iTunes. If Apple can get a deal with ESPN or someone with good sports coverage cable's days will be over.
I'm excited about Red Bull TV but I wish they would just make Watch ABC work. All I get is "Accessing ABC" no matter how long I wait. And the option to make a video repeat. That would be amazing.
$100 for a MBP trade-in? You might as well just give it to a stranger.
I'm in love with the update. Very little trouble with anything and some major improvements to Siri, Maps, and others. I suspect the delay until after 5:00 for updating had as much to do with backed up servers as anything else. That's how long it took me to get the update downloaded and installed.
Helpful article. And who cares if they've always been there. I'm the go-to guy among all of my friends and family when it comes to Apple stuff and I didn't even know about the hidden .com feature. Smaller subtle features are often missed or forgotten when flashy new ones (like Control Center and the Weather app) are introduced.
What stood out to me is that he didn't bother mentioning Samsung, which to me indicates his agreement that they're just copying Apple. I haven't used Windows 8 but at least MS is doing something different. Ballmer is an idiot but MS has done some good work lately (Xbox, Bing, and even W8 looks interesting) and I wish them well in the future. I certainly like their approach better than Google, Amazon, Samsung, or BlackBerry.
Ugly. Reall ugly.
That was short lived... The bundles are on sale for good prices but not for $10. Matrix and LotR collections are $18 and HP is now $60. Wish I'd been able to grab those before they changed it!
Most of those complaints could also be applied to Apple's iOS... It's not just about the technical stuff, it's about the user experience. Features that the Xbox One has for becoming the center of your entertainment system will go a long way in that area
I've never been a Microsoft fan but I'll give credit where it's due... I love Bing. I quit using Google months ago and never looked back. I'm also impressed with the Xbox One. I haven't played with the new Windows or Windows Phones yet but I like what I've seen. That said, I think a lot is being made over this supposed snub that I didn't really see. Google was still mentioned and used several times, even in the Siri screenshot of "Questions you can ask me". Chrome was...