or Connect

Posts by 6ryph3n

What I really want from Apple's audiobooks is the ability to re-download past purchases just like all other iTunes content and go DRM-free. Until them I won't be buying iTunes audiobooks again. I have a few Pimsleur language courses that I bought several years ago and it's really frustrating that I still have to keep up with those files when everything else is backed up in the cloud.
I've had some issues with it but I still prefer using it. Walgreens always works but asks too many additional prompts. Office Depot moved me around four different registers before finding one with the NFC turned on. McDonalds has two registers and with one of them I just get a message that says hold the phone closer. Tried it at a campus vending machine the other day and at first it accepted but when I chose my snack it rejected the card. Swiped my card and it worked fine....
I really wanted this to be good... I'm usually rushing out the door when Apple releases a new product but I'm just underwhelmed this time. The Timex Run X50 looks like a better buy. For $150/$200 it includes all the major Apple Watch features plus a 2-3 day battery. Apple's can run apps but who isn't going to switch to their iPhone for most apps anyway if they're honest? Maybe it's just me but I feel like Tim really missed the mark on this one. I want a watch with...
These seem like far more intelligent people than MS/Google execs. Instead of scoffing at the idea and pointing out Apple's inexperience in the field (like Ballmer) they're taking it seriously and recognizing that it could be a game changer that they should try to be a part of instead of resisting.
I haven't had almost any of the bugs that other people seem to be complaining about with iOS 8. I have had problems though with my auto rotation not working or the "raise to talk/raise to listen" feature not recognizing that I've raised my phone. The autorotation seems to be particularly buggy on Messages. I often have to go back to the home screen and restart the app before it will rotate to the correct rotation. When I use the raise to talk feature I more often...
The presidency? I'd vote for him.
Seems like in the featured photo it would make more sense to hide the camera lens behind the glasses' lens. It would be invisible to everyone except the wearer. 1) it's more fashionable. 2) it eliminates the public perception problems. Pretty sure that's what Apple would do if they were to release a similar product... which I don't expect they would.
It's the Mail update that interests me. I have a high end Retina MBP and Mail nearly shuts down my whole system when I try to send a large attachment with Mail Drop. I've also had Finder showing my folders as being completely empty even when I know they're not. Not being able to access my files is kind of a problem.
Maybe Apple can get a few content deals worked out and then just launch, leaving the holdouts in the cold until they come around like they did with NBC. They don't have to get all content available at launch, they just need to get enough to promote widespread abandonment of cable subscriptions. That movement is already started thanks to Netflix, Hulu, and iTunes. If Apple can get a deal with ESPN or someone with good sports coverage cable's days will be over.
I'm excited about Red Bull TV but I wish they would just make Watch ABC work. All I get is "Accessing ABC" no matter how long I wait. And the option to make a video repeat. That would be amazing.