or Connect

Posts by 6ryph3n

I'd like to be able to access my music without iTunes Match, the same way I can ready access movies and tv shows. Or adding Spotify access would be nice. Have to agree with dreyfus2 though... ad-hoc networking would be nice. Would it work to just set up a hotspot on iPhone and connect ATV to that, or would that still somehow use cell data even if the content was stored on the iPhone? Hadn't thought to try that yet.
Not being able to use voice and data together has been my reason for not switching to Verizon until now, but I'm not willing to go down the road of AT&T deciding when and where I can use my data, so I'm paying an early termination fee and switching to Verizon. By jumping onto my roommates' Share Everything plan we'll all be saving money anyway.
I hope the websites are set up to allow pre-ordering a subsidized phone as a new line on an existing account...
Verizon's plans suck for someone who only has one personal phone. I called them out for that on Twitter and their only response was that if you add more devices in the future you could save. But unless/until you have multiple devices they just don't have any good options.
If they launched a subscription music service Ping could actually be useful. One of my biggest complaints about Spotify is that it sucks for music discovery, and that's should be one of its strengths given its social media ties. 10 years ago Steve Jobs was right... people wanted to own their music, not rent it. The market has changed now though. The iPod has become the iPhone and everyone has 3G and iCloud, so a subscription service is far more practical than it used to be.
So something like this: http://www.imwatch.it/ These are a great idea, but a little pricey. Apple's version with Siri should be nice...
I think this is a fair policy on Apple's part... they take care of all the distribution and charge a fee. If a company wants to make their service available on iOS without paying they can still do that through HTML5, so it's not even like Apple is forcing them to enter the App Store to be accessible.
I just cancelled my iPhone service and switched to an iPod Touch with Skype. It costs $4/month with my own phone number. Only downside is the lack of an ear speaker on the iPod, which means I need an iPhone headset.
This is an important thing to consider. I really don't care about a back-facing camera on the iPad, but a FaceTime camera would be enough to get me to upgrade. Living on the opposite side of the country from my family, I'd love for them to all have FT devices but the Touch and iPhone just aren't big enough for people like my grandparents to use. If I were to buy them FT enabled iPads for Christmas I'd be pretty disappointed if the servers crashed the first time they...
Possibly my favorite post everI have to agree. This one is so ridiculous that I can't help being amused by it. All the funnier in the likely case that they had the coffins confused, too.