or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

It may feel lighter, but it's largely an illusion. The Air weighs 1 pound, while the Air 2 weighs 0.96 pounds. I find it interesting that it's 18% thinner but it's nearly the same exact weight.
Besides, you can't make the silly thing much thinner with venturing into iPad "bend-gate" territory...
Just once I'd like to hear them say, "And we listened to our users. Instead of taking all of our new power-saving technologies and using them to make the iPad thinner, we made it exactly the same thickness and filled the interior with a larger battery, adding 18 additional hours to the battery life!" We call this iPad the "weekender"...
 If you're walking around carrying an iPad, you're carrying an iPad. So how, exactly, is it easier to put it down and dig out your phone instead? I think people taking pix with them look silly too, but they do it nonetheless.
 Which leads me to ask why they didn't add NFC to the new mini and Air 2? After all, they have TouchID and if you're carrying them around they could easily be used for payments too. Seems to me Apple should cram that technology into as many devices as possible.
One problem that I think Apple has lies with the replacement market. That is, every time someone replaces an existing iPad they then turn around and hand down or resell the old iPad. As such, whenever Apple sells a replacement iPad they take not one, but two customers out of the market.
Terribly disappointed that they didn't put the full iPhone 6 Plus stabilized camera in the iPad. Since it's such a "wonderful" camera platform and all.
Be interesting to see when the first "thumbprint" court case comes down the pike. For most of the encrypted iPhones, a mere thumbprint would probably be all that's required to access the device.   Also keep in mind that the encryption (and protection) only applies to data stored on the device and not on data mirrored to iCloud or Dropbox or some other cloud storage service. That information can be still be subpoenaed.
 You can turn off the Predictive auto-suggest panel in Settings > General > Keyboard.
Apple needs to allow developers to downgrade phones to previous versions of iOS for testing purposes.