or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

Cool. Now some enterprising company just needs to resell them to us!
I have a 6s Plus and wonder if this is related to the Home screen rotation lock issue I'm having. Sometimes when I wake up the device it wakes up in landscape mode and won't rotate back to portrait mode. It's not just the device, iOS 9.0.1 on an iPhone 6 Plus did the same thing.
Just stick with Lightning. You can have a digital 3.5" dongle  if need be, use Lightning headphones, or just skip the whole thing and go Bluetooth LE.   Also, is it just my wishful thinking, or could Apple easily make a USB-C-Lightning cable?
 Uh... no. They may take up space, but an app you've never run isn't taking up memory. I also find it a bit funny that this is the same issue Microsoft had with unbundling Internet Explorer, in that other portions of the OS depended upon functionality provided by the browser.
Be cool if an app could tie into that audio stream. Or even just Siri could do so.   A, "Hey, Siri. Record." Feature could be very, very handy, especially if you're being stopped by police or find yourself in a dicy situation.
The Create looks more like my cup of tea than Apple's floppy soft keyboard.
Something everyone should keep in mind is that this is primarily a developer's conference and as such we're seeing a lot of features related to things developers need to do, like support size classes in their apps. As such, the final iOS 9 release could have plenty of new features that we're only going to see during the next iPhone announcement.
"If you want a product that's thicker with a bigger battery it's also heavier, more costly, takes longer to charge," Schiller said. "We model every thickness, every size, every weight and try to figure out what the tradeoffs are. I think we've made great choices there." Here's the thing: Next time process improvements let you make a thinner iPhone... don't. Keep it the same size and weight as it is right now. Doesn't need to be thicker, just the same.
Unless the RSS feed returns the entire article, all you see is a standardized summary and to read the rest you usually have to click on a link to the web site. And all of the different web sites are... shall we say... less than consistent. Not to mention loaded with ads and pop-up sign-up scripts.
Love the idea, but suspect that I'm going to hate the implementation, and for much the same reason I hate Flipboard and love Zite.   Cook mentioned that News would host excellent typography and a Times article would look like a Times article. Thing is, I don't WANT each and every article to look different, any more than I want to read a book or magazine where every chapter and page switches fonts, styles, and margins.   What I want in a news aggregator is CONSISTENCY....