or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

Well, I could say that you can't solve a problem until you've diagnosed exactly what the problem might be. (grin) But a solution? At the time I suggested that an Android phone maker differentiate on hardware. You could, for example, do the best phone/camera combo out there and look to serve camera enthusiasts. (As Nokia did.) Or you could hook up with Amazon and try license the Kindle technology, and make the very best phone/e-book reader combination. (Dedicated page turn...
Exactly. I wrote an article about this about 3 years ago, comparing Android with Windows... "Hardware among vendors was effectively identical. The software was identical. And manufacturers well left with little to differentiate a Dell PC from an HP PC from an Acer PC. Change the beige plastic to black plastic? Add some trim? Dell and Gateway tried to make a go of it via the customization route, but faced increased competition from manufacturers who were left with just a...
Sigh. Conversion error.
 Actually, dropping a phone held next to your ear would seem to be unlikely. More common, I'd think, would be the phone slipping out of a pocket, or falling to the ground when you tried to put it into or take it out off a pocket, or falling off a table, or falling off your lap... all of which meet the 1-meter (3-ft) criteria quite nicely.
 Actually, I'd love a version of the iPhone 4/4s with the durable flat metal sides, but with the iPhone 6's curved glass front and back to provide the rounded edges.  It would be a lot more durable and scratch resistant than the aluminum back and sides on the 5 and 6.
"Contrary to a Wednesday New York Times report, %u201Cthere are no fines to MCX merchants%u201D who choose to partner with Apple Pay and leave the merchant group..." Nice way to sidestep the issue. Yep. there are no fines, but the MCX contract reportedly gives MCX a three year exclusivity window. IOW, if you want to use MCX, your payment terminals can't support any other electronic payment system. So much for a competitive marketplace. Also, you may be able to use a...
 I think the name Merchant CUSTOMER EXCHANGE pretty much says it all. A customer's information and data will be exchanged and shared to one and all.
""Removing this sensitive information from the mobile device significantly lowers the risk of it being inappropriately disclosed in a case that the mobile device is hacked, stolen or otherwise compromised," Davidson wrote." Ah. That explains the list of email addresses that hackers just stole from the "secure" cloud-based servers...
So, a question: What would a bank or credit card company need to do to have you use their card on Apple Pay and make it your "default" card?   Seriously.
Wells Fargo is paying to be "top of wallet" and hoping that once they're there the user will simply be too lazy to add additional cards and kick them out of the top spot.   The default Apple Pay card is the one that's going to get the lion's share of the transactions.