or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

Seems clunky to me. Get out your lens, turn it on, get out your camera, start it up, find and run the dedicated app, and then you're ready to take a photo of that precious moment in time... that happened two minutes ago.
Seems clunky to me. Get out your lens, get out your camera, start it up, find and run the app, and then you're ready to take a photo of that precious moment in time... that happened two minutes ago.
  Probably the same way they count them in either case, iPhone OR Android. As such, I don't see how it could bias the results either way.
So before, you had a subsidized plan with a $200 up front and a $250 early termination fee. ($450)   Now you still have a subsidized plan, but pay $99 up front, and $20 a month. ($339) And you're still paying a subsidy on your data plan. And you turn in your old phone.   Of course, before you could "flip" your phone for, say, $250, which wiped the termination fee. Then, of course, you'd have to spend $500 to buy the unsubsidized phone, but on the next cycle there...
So Apple is supposed to develop a brand new 10nm fabrication process... And then what? That brings us right back to the point that Apple would still need SOMEONE to build all of the chips they need. Worse, one of those people is Samsung, who would no doubt take Apple's process technology and apply it to their own devices.
Anyone want to place bets on size vs battery life? Same thickness and dramatically extended life, or roughly the same but 30% (or whatever) thinner?
  Kind of misses the point. The iPad has much better processors, graphics, and storage. You'd do best to use the iPad as the "console" and use 802.11ac and h.265 to stream the video to the big screen.   Upgrade the AppleTV with all of those things, and you're going to have to upgrade the price point too....
The "form-fitting" market is going to be a tough one, as Apple tends to change the design every couple of years. And these things are going to be a lot more expensive to product than a simple case.   If I were a manufacturer, I'd focus on the standalone version, as that can be used with iPads too.   As well as (potentially) an Apple TV...
It should have been obvious that this wasn't a final design, and that more changes would occur before the final release and launch date.
It could mean improved battery life, but knowing Apple it just means they'll cut the battery size in order to make the silly thing 1mm thinner.