or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

Okay, I liked Spaces too. In fact, I loved Spaces. In fact, I was a Space-oholic, running 9, and even sometimes 12 of the silly things.http://www.isights.org/2007/11/confessions-of-.html As such, I was predisposed to hate Mission Control, which promised to screw with all of my carefully designed spaces and adjacencies. But to tell the truth. MC is better. You need to do four things to use MC effectively. One is to go to the Control Panel for MC and uncheck "Automatically...
I suspect that the current design becomes the new entry level design (as happened with the 3GS), and the redesign sports the larger screen, new case, and so on. One interesting data point: Element Case, who makes aluminum iPhone cases, is currently offering a trade-in-your-old-case-and-get-50%-off sale. To me, this means that they're trying to blow out their current inventory before something new hits...
Try reading for comprehension. I said, "could have".Let's see... a $500 device that can be taken from table to table and easily replaced... or replace every table in the restaurant at $7,500 a crack... hmmm.Actually, you have a set of general purpose machines modified and/or customized to take on specific tasks.
I never said anything about overtaking Apple. I did, however, imply that HP could have focused their efforts (and designs) on markets that Apple is never going to go after. If you're doing a custom restaurant menu system, you need a sturdy tablet that can take abuse, be dropped, and so on. Think iPad "Toughbook." And since it's also basically a custom terminal running custom software, the fact that Apple has 100 zillion apps is meaningless. It does what it does and that's...
HP bailed too soon. There's a consumer tablet (iPad) market to be sure, and then there's a business market. Look at the businesses that are integrating iPads in cash register systems, restaurant menus, and so on. There's a need for custom designs (pads that can be misused and dropped, for one) that Apple simply isn't going to fill.
Was going to continue, but that changed my mind. There's political discussion, and then there's political fanaticism...
Spending is spending is spending. Going into debt to finance spending is a problem, "revenue" or not.Wisconsin, anyone? Then there the minor matter of holding the entire country ransom over the debt issue. (Kind of like a child throwing a tantrum until his demands are met.)I wasn't aware Iraq was invading the US. The towers came down and very nearly the first thing out of Bush's mouth was (and I paraphrase), "How can we pin this on Iraq?" 9/11 was a tragedy, but nearly...
Lost Decade (Japan) The strong economic growth of the 1980s ended abruptly at the start of the 1990s. In the late 1980s, abnormalities within the Japanese economic system had fueled a massive wave of speculation by Japanese companies, banks and securities companies. A combination of exceptionally high land values and exceptionally low interest rates briefly led to a position in which credit was both easily available and extremely cheap. This led to massive borrowing, the...
Or the dialog of people who are sick and tired of having jobs off-shored, pay cut, benefits slashed, and watching unemployment numbers skyrocket while the top US corporations enjoy record year-over-year profits, all while paying no taxes. (Exxon) Or the dialog of people who are tired of watching a few at the very top walk away with a multi-million dollar golden parachute after basically destroying the companies they were hired with great fanfare to run. (Carly, Lee, et...
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China [not free, but tremendous economic success], Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, South Korea, and the United Kingdom. All have socialized medicine and universal (or near universal) health care.