or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

The automotive plants I mentioned are all highly automated, and still manage to employ hundreds of people each, and they do it here in the US. Those people, in turn, support and help maintain many local businesses buying groceries, clothing, furniture and appliances, by going out to restaurants, and so on. They buy homes and pay local and state and property taxes. Spillover effects, indeed. Apple is one of the companies lobbying for a corporate tax "holiday" in which to...
Campus? How about taking some of that money you're sitting on and build manufacturing plants and facilities here in the US? They're having problems building enough phones and pads and airs anyway. Why not make them here in modern, highly automated facilities? Why is it Apple can make a billion dollar commitment to Sharp to build a plant, but does nothing here? If Hyundai and Honda and Toyota can build cars here in the US -- and make a profit doing so -- then Apple...
It's thin enough. Hey, I have an idea! Keep the iPad 2 the same size, and fill it with a lighter battery that gives it 18-20 hours of battery life. Steve is always in love with thin, but often forgets that people outside of an office would like to use his wonderful toys for more than a few (okay, ten) hours a day.
I suspect it will be locked down pretty tight. At $250, they have to be subsidizing it in hope of gaining future book and media sales. Selling a device that can have all of the Amazon ties removed just to become an el-cheapo Android tablet... well, they're going to frown on that.
Well, it almost captures the feeling of reading a book printed with dull gray ink on a gray-green background. In other words, contrast on e-ink sucks. And poor contrast causes eye strain too, you know. You can compensate somewhat with larger text, but if the light is not great I found that I had to increase the font size so much that I found I could actually display more words per page on my iPhone than on my Kindle. Then there's the headache-inducing...
If you turn off the rearranging feature, full-screening an app always sends to to the last desktop space, thus you'd know that most of your permanently assigned spaces are to the left. Since I'm running on a Cinema Display, there are very few applications I fullscreen, mainly Aperture and Final Cut.
True, and I've requested it. (You can too, go to apple.com/feedback) You could, of course, also merge the desired name onto a set of different background images and get close to the same thing... (Mail, News, Development, ...)
Okay, I liked Spaces too. In fact, I loved Spaces. In fact, I was a Space-oholic, running 9, and even sometimes 12 of the silly things.http://www.isights.org/2007/11/confessions-of-.html As such, I was predisposed to hate Mission Control, which promised to screw with all of my carefully designed spaces and adjacencies. But to tell the truth. MC is better. You need to do four things to use MC effectively. One is to go to the Control Panel for MC and uncheck "Automatically...
I suspect that the current design becomes the new entry level design (as happened with the 3GS), and the redesign sports the larger screen, new case, and so on. One interesting data point: Element Case, who makes aluminum iPhone cases, is currently offering a trade-in-your-old-case-and-get-50%-off sale. To me, this means that they're trying to blow out their current inventory before something new hits...
Try reading for comprehension. I said, "could have".Let's see... a $500 device that can be taken from table to table and easily replaced... or replace every table in the restaurant at $7,500 a crack... hmmm.Actually, you have a set of general purpose machines modified and/or customized to take on specific tasks.