or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

I know several women who'd probably love the Kindle's size as its something that's more easily thrown into a bag or purse. The iPad is a wonderful device, but unless you always have a briefcase or backpack you have to make a conscious choice to carry it.
"While half the price of Apple's tablet..." 'Nuff said. There's no doubt that Apple's hardware is better. But they will compete against one another, and at that price point the Fire will be "good enough" for a lot of people. Everyone does the iPad comparison, but to my mind the people who just got really screwed are Samsung, HTC, RIM, and the like. There's Apple, now there's Amazon, and then there's everyone else...
Actually, didn't I just read the Mac marketshare in the US just hit 15%?http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/18/mac-m...a-14-and-more/ Bascially, Apple's numbers here in the US have doubled over the past two-three years.
Nope, still talking platforms. TFA: "Android fared better when users were asked solely about software, as 55 percent said they would stick with Google's mobile platform." Again, nearly half are considering switching away from Android.
Nice spin, especially the use of the word "majority". But at 55% / 45%, why don't we go with a rough approximation and say that HALF of all Android owners are unhappy enough with Android that they'd consider changing platforms. Same with "less than a third" at 31% vs. 33%. Again, technically accurate but a cake into thirds and give me a slice that's only 31%, and I won't complain. And that also means that 14% (1 in 7) are willing to leave it for a platform OTHER than the...
They did that too.TFA: Android fared better when users were asked solely about software, as 55 percent said they would stick with Google's mobile platform. [PLATFORM] But an additional 31 percent of Android users also indicated they are likely to switch to an iPhone for their next handset, leaving Apple a sizable chunk Android users.In other words, it's 89% vs. 55% based on platform, with almost 1 in 3 Android uses indicating that they want to switch to iPhone.With only...
"..."affirms the strong opportunity of Apple in the enterprise," a market where 91 percent of the Fortune 500 are testing or deploying IOS [note] devices." "...younger employees "prefer consumer technologies like iPhones and iPads [note] over enterprise-provided alternatives."" "iPhone, iPad [note] seeing the most uptake" "Gartner reports that Apple's iOS devices [note] are benefiting the most from the trend toward "bring your own devices," pointing out, as Abramsky...
If you really want to know, go back and read all of the ahmlco posts. I think my reasoning on some of the benefits has been clear.I might also mention that this is Apple we're talking about. Not everything done, from the new building, to the Apple stores, to the materials used in their products, is always the cheapest. If there are good enough reasons to do something more expensively, they're not afraid to do so.
Indeed. Next time, try not to strain your brain so much. Maybe you could limit the scope of your argument to just... Why? Because! That's why!