or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

One didn't hear all that many complaints about screen resolution of the 3GS either, did they? As to why... competition. Many, many, many companies are going to releasing Android and WebOS and whatnot pads in the near future. But -- and this is a big but -- most will be spec'd to beat (or at least try to match) the specs for the CURRENT generation iPad. Now Apple has a chance, with the screen, with speed, with form factor, with battery life, to blow ALL of them out of the...
Ummm... you mean the same way the user experience was intact when the iPhone went to a Retina display? People seem to forget that Apple already did this. iPhone 4 went Retina. Existing apps looked just like existing apps, albeit with sharper text. Apps that updated their graphics were sharper all around. Why would the iPad be any different? At worst, an existing all-graphical app would look no worse than an app on the current iPad. The majority would be improved. Updated...
Yes... but... you're not increasing the size of the panel. A 9" Retina iPad screen is the same physical size as the current 9" screen. Those astronomical HDTV costs you're tossing around are due primarily to SCALE. Huge sheets of glass. Oversized manufacturing techniques. Rejection costs. Limited production runs. And so on. The only thing you said that made sense is questioning the existence of the part, itself. Which makes me wonder why no one is calling around trying...
You mean, like the iPhone 4?
If by "blow it" you mean "failed to innovate", you're correct. Palm enjoyed basking in past glories, and believed more in doing one thing and one thing only. Again, and again, and again, Palm has trailed behind the technology curve. Look how long it took them in the PDA market just to add a color screen to the silly thing. Their reason? People will prefer battery life over fancy graphics. Guess what? They didn't. And finally, you're wrong about Palm and Apple. Why?...
As in PCs, Apple will have the minority share in terms of units... but as the "last man standing" profit-wise, they will rake in the majority of the revenues. Android phones are the "commodity PCs" of the market place. Carriers will give them away, and manufacturers will fight over who gets the most nickels and dimes.
So what's the future of OS X Server? Especially with no true servers to run it on? Seems to me Apple should update OS X Server to run on ANY server platform.
Forget that. What I want to know is why the Apple TV rather conveniently lost the ability to rent standard-definition movies? Currently, you can NOT rent a standard definition movie that costs $2.99. It only shows $3.99 HD movies. Same for new flicks. No $3.99 rentals, only $4.99 ones.
I understand using RFID and NFC for things like digital wallets and credit cards, but why would Apple not also enable this over Bluetoth or WiFi? Then any existing iPhone, iPad, or Touch could act as your "Home" folder on nearly any current Mac. Just pair them up like you currently do with Apple TVs and Apple Remote apps. Or simply allow encrypted WiFi connections to a password-protected "folder" on an iOS device. As far as I can see, NFC hardware brings nothing to...
Do you idiots not understand how retail product distribution works? If you can get my app in front of 50 million Mac owners, and handle application delivery AND payment processingÂ… I will GLADLY give you 30% of the action.