or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

I find it interesting that the seams could provide an electrical break in the case between both sides of the device. Grab the phone, you close the gap. So.... anyone know why it might be beneficial to have a phone that "knows" when it's being held?
Or using them as photo / video buttons while in the camera app.
First, study some basic economics. PROFIT is what's left over AFTER you pay all of your expenses. Or didn't you figure that out after running your corner lemonade stand? Second, read for comprehension. $13 of the $26 for the hardback went to the bookseller (i.e. Borders or Barnes & Noble) and NOT to the publisher. Booksellers, in turn, have costs like... oh... a BUILDING, employees, utilities, and so on. People need to get past the idea that the physical cost of an item...
Besides, just how how "marketing information" does a magazine publisher get when I buy a magazine off the rack? Give me an incentive to share my demographic data with you and I might. Otherwise...
Actually, I think Verizon should make a 3G hardware accessory (dongle) and app for the iPhone / Touch / iPad. Imagine doing VOIP using a Verizon app on the iPod Touch!
Actually, I think it's you that misunderstand. I do photography, and have done plenty of professional studio work. As to software, I use Photoshop, Aperture, Lightroom, and iPhoto. And Aperture and iPhoto persist in their single-library single-mindedness, to the point of distraction. Have you shot RAW off a Canon 1DS? Those suckers burn through HD space faster than does a bit-torrent fiend. As I said, you begin to reach a point where you absolutely, positively need...
This just… sucks. And if you can’t tag them or name them, it sucks even further.It’s like saying that on the PC, every single Microsoft Word document you ever create, be it personal or for whatever project, is going to be stuffed into one single humongous Microsoft Word folder with every other Microsoft Word file you’ve ever created. Same for Excel files. And same for… you get the idea. No organization at all. None. Really, it’s as bad as the lame “bookshelf”...
Retailer's (Borders, B&N) typically get 40-45% of the "cut" from book sales. So if you consider the Apple store as being the "retailer" for your ebook, only taking 30% is a bargain. Also keep in mind that until recently, Amazon was getting 70% of the take for selling a Kindle ebook.
What if... and I'm just thinking out loud here. What if the publisher's got it, and for the higher price over a Kindle book you got an Apple ebook that was DRM free? Share it. Use it on any device. Back it up. Would that be worth the $5.00 difference in price over a locked-in Kindle ebook? Remember, Apple did the same thing with music...
I smile every time I see this. Guess I'll just see if I can sell to the SIXTY percent who read two books or more....