or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

As long as you create it to go into a reader, as I don't want any more single book apps. Home screen / launcher space is restricted enough as it is. I don't need or want all fifty of the ebooks listed in my Kindle app requiring an icon.
Actually, what I wish Apple would do is create both an iPad AND an iTablet. One a thin paperback sized item with a 5-6" or so screen, and the other a larger 10" device. I think that I personally would prefer the smaller, more portable device, while others could definitely make use of the larger screen for work, notes, etc.. This is one area where Apple should, like notebooks, let people decide what's best for them and for their particular situations. Who knows?...
Apple could easily run multiple iPhone apps in "windows" on a larger device. Though iPhone/Touch developers have been told since the beginning NOT to assume screen dimensions and resolutions, in which case apps like, say, the Kindle application could easily run full screen. I think one also needs to take a look at several of the patents that have surfaced recently regarding pen input, a perfect additional entry system for a notepad-sized device. So... a pad that can run...
That's their problem. When you decide to code your site using a proprietary non-standard technology you run the risk of it being unusable by some (often significant) percentage of your visitors. And then you have people like me, who tend to run with browser plugins turned off. That way I don't have Flash hogging the CPU, leaking memory like a sieve, or continually crashing my browser. Not to mention that most web pages load faster and that I'm spared seeing tons of...
And did wishing that you had the better camera with you help you get any photo at all? No.
Yes... and no. It's also a small matter of having your phone with you at all times, whereas one must make a conscious decision to ALSO carry a DS, games, charger, etc.. As photographers often say, the best camera is the one that you always have with you.
'Course, now you're just one of many, many Java programmers, whereas good Objective-C developers are in high demand. And PHP, Ruby, Python, and other languages have displaced much of the work Java was expected to dominate, has it not? Just read about one site that took three years to rebuild their site, all because someone convinced them that they needed to chose Java.
True, but does Apple care? Apple has shown time and again that they have little to no interest in market share simply for the sake of market share. As with PC's, they're more than happy to let other manufacturers undercut each other to make pennies on the low end, while Apple takes your dollars on the high end. In fact, they're extremely happy to let everyone else fight for table scraps, because that means that everyone else is too busy to take them on at the high end.
You might then be too young to remember just how fast Google blew by the current search engine king of it's day, Alta Vista. Alta Vista was a highly regarded search engine that lost its lead seemingly overnight, when Google launched their popularity-based search engine that delivered better results. The point being that search audiences are fickle creatures, and another site is just be a click away on the web. Let some hotshot developer figure out how to properly do...
Yeah, 'cause that "open" OS has done so well in dominating the desktop. What's that Linux desktop market share again? Still less than one percent? And, BTW, RFID-chipping the iPhone could well be the next big thing. Plenty of people in Japan use chipped phones every day for quick and easy purchases from stores to transportation to vending machines. Or Apple could go in with Visa to embed credit card payment systems into the phone. Who knows? We could eventually replace our...