or Connect

Posts by ahmlco

I do the same thing, but only because the brain dead iTunes store doesn't let you save interesting songs, movies, and applications to Wish List.
Funny you should mention that. What if Apple were to open an "App Store" for Mac applications? What if smaller developers suddenly had access to millions of customers and access to a modern shopping cart/credit card payment system? What if developers knew that their software could be delivered securely, protected, and would not be ripped off and "shared"? What if users had "one stop shopping" for affordable Mac applications? What if?
Why does Target or WalMart get a "cut" of your product? Perhaps because it's their store? Because they are the ones providing access to millions of customers? Because they're handling the sales, credit card processing, "returns", and complaints? Try developing for, say, WinMobile. Now, go see just how big a piece of the action a major distributor like Handango wants as their cut. (hint: 50%+)Write a better application? Seriously. Because if your application isn't good...
Update also fixes the Emergency Call bug that would let you into a locked phone.
So? It already manages SD movies of that size fairly well. Sounds like a non-issue to me.
On my MBA I've found that Adobe Updater is the worst offender in regard to processor overloading. Downloading a simple PS update can peg the processor at 100% for hours at a time. Computer gets so hot it shuts off the battery charging mechanism. Of course, Flash video players come in a close second...
Incidentally, the iPhone 2.01 update is now available for download. Perhaps that will correct some of the issues mentioned.
I think you need to turn that statement around, and tell me the name of any large bank or corporation that DOESN'T us any Macs at all. Heck, I bet even Dell owns at least a few...
There's a big difference between precision and accuracy.
'Course, their estimates need to be taken with a grain of salt, as they've undoubtedly been done WITHOUT an actual iPhone in their possession to tear down, nor do I suspect that they have access to the numbers from Apple's supplier's contracts. In fact, it probably isn't so much as estimate as it is a WAG...