or Connect

Posts by frugality

We need laws that allow business owners to have values.  Even if some don't like them.
Everyone should have the right to discriminate between right and wrong.
People buy the iPhone for iOS and the iPhone build quality.   We are limited to a 4" screen because that is the only thing that Apple offers.   To make this comparison to Android phones based on screen size is silly.  What it says is that, given the option, most people prefer a bigger screen.   What this tells us is that Apple is behind the curve.  There are a few supply-chain-based rumors on here already claiming a big-screen iPhone is in the works for next...
We have the separation of church and state. Not religion and state. The firefighters weren't all required to be Presbyterian or something. That would be a church/state issue.
I think PhotoStream is also being affected. I took a picture on my iPhone, it's showing up on the Photostream on the phone, but isn't showing up on my Macbook Air's Photostream.
If I buy a washing machine......they pretty much all look the same.   If I buy a TV.........they pretty much all look the same......a black rectangle, but with a different company logo on it.   Smartphones all pretty much look the same, since they're almost all screen.  GPS units pretty much all look the same, and you don't see lawsuits among them.   A tablet is a hand-held screen.  It's basically a rectangle.  Not much to improve upon, or to differentiate...
Easter is always capitalized.  It's the most important Christian holiday, the day that God the Son was resurrected, after having been crucified and buried.
And we should give Apple carte blanche?
MS was sued for such things.  They lost, and were fined for tying Internet Explorer to their operating system.  Sure, you could install other browsers and use them for other functions.  But anything OS-linked was done in IE.   And Apple ties Safari to any iOS browsing and hotlinks, which can't be replaced by another browser.
Though the screen may change shape, I'm betting that the actual App real estate will be the same as the 3.5" displays, and developers won't have to change anything.  What we'll get is an actual dock for 'real' multi-tasking -- not the 'double-click-the-home-screen' thing.  So the iOS will be upgraded as well to give us a visual dock for running Apps, and/or maybe a place for customizable buttons.   That's my prediction.  -Carnac the Magnificent