or Connect

Posts by frugality

I work for a company that has an ethics policy. As part of that policy, we have to do yearly training, and one of the big topics is illegal anti-competitive practices. It is illegal for 2 companies to get together and agree to split territory -- "I take this market and you stay out of my market, and you take that market and I'll stay out of your market." It's basically an agreement to create 2 monopolies, rather than compete fairly against each other. Even 2 VP's...
I have a Macbook Pro, a Macbook Air, an iPhone, and a smattering of old iPods. I don't have an iPad yet. I've been waiting until they made one I could dribble like a basketball. Looks like I may be buying me an iPad 4!!!
Can anyone tell me if you can set up an Apple TV without a TV? I'd like to get one for a home music server (currently using a Logitech Squeezebox), but don't have a TV. So if set-up has to be done on a TV, I'm out of luck. Can the Apple TV be set up with a Macbook or iPhone? (which I do have)
You will know your eyes are 80 years old.
So 'affordable' isn't 'better'? It is to some folks. That's my point. But you better be in lock-step with Apple on THEIR definition of 'better.' Resistance is futile... Apple is trying to dictate the market. Which is exactly why Apple threw the hammer at IBM in 1984. (Kinda like the old saying, "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.")
But define 'better.' There is a market for low-end products because there are some folks who can't afford Apple prices. So they may buy a $200 Kindle Fire. That, for them, is the definition of 'better.' There's a guy here at work who I've seen polishing his iPhone 4 with a microfiber cloth. He loves his schanzzy iPhone, and treats it gingerly. But there is also the low-income parent who will give a simple Kindle Fire to their kids, who will abuse it.
You're assuming the laws and the law systems are the same in both countries.
[darkhumor] Apple had to wait to be able to sand Steve's fingers down..... [/darkhumor]
Wow.....amazing what you get here on these interwebs....financial advice on a Apple fanboy site... Someone should check how much Apple stock this Zaky guy owns, and what his vested interests are in this...
Hitach? Most likely Hitachi.