or Connect

Posts by frugality

Who has the patent on hyperlinks? I s'pose I should be worried about getting sued for using them....Making hot links out of phone numbers and addresses? Same thing. Things that are intuitive shouldn't be patent-able. Otherwise, I'll patent a directional methodology of wiping me arse and sue everyone else who does it the same way....
googling for lion launch......
What you'd get is a laptop that falls apart into 2 pieces....needs the keyboard to be turned on and off separately, charged separately, and deal with the bluetooth connection.....with a hobbled web browser (iOS Safari is lame compared to real browsers on a Mac/PC). And the cobbled-together thing would cost $120 more than a Chromebook. The Chromebook even comes with a matte screen -- something that many of us wish Apple hadn't abandoned. Can't even get that on an Air or...
Most of the time that's all I use -- Firefox on my 2008 MBP. There are plenty of us who would find a browser-only device 'useful'.Oh, and at about 1/3 of the price, with longer battery life.But thank you for your input (read: worthless)
My prognostication: Apple will unveil a completely new device -- the guts of an iPad with a keyboard and no touch-screen. Meaning: an Apple version of the Chromebook. This will become the Macbook Air. The iCloud is now in place for them to do what Google is doing. (This prognostication could jive with the rumors that Apple has run Macbook Airs with A5 chips.) The current Macbook Air will -- as Steve said at the release of the Air last summer -- be what the Macbook...
do, or do not....there is no try.....
Wrong. It means that good design does actually exist outside of Apple. If you can't see that.....then keep drinking the kool-aide....
So someone could have trademarked 'grocery store' back in the day. So it comes down not to ingenuity and inventiveness, but merely timing. Sorry, I don't buy it. I hope our legal system is indeed smarter than that. (I may be reaching here.) I can see it now.....around a conference table at Apple...."so what are we going to call this place where you can buy our Apps?"......."Well 'DUH', Bob....we call it the App Store!"...."Quick, let's trademark it because it's so...
The term 'app' wasn't coined by Apple. It was in use before Apple. Apple did make it popular with the popularity of iOS devices, but that doens't make it trademark-able by Apple. Back in the day......computers ran programs. Today......devices run apps. It's generic.
Would Apple need to file with the FCC if there was no inherent difference between this version of Airport Extreme and the previous one? I doubt it. There must be something more substantially changed than Apple is letting on. Looking forward to a tear-down....