or Connect

Posts by frugality

Uh, thank you Cliff Claven... "Ehhhh.....it's a little-known fact Nammie....."
But then your posts would also disintegrate....
If there's room to remove material, it can be done by making the case smaller AND the screen larger at the same time.We're not talking about the glass here. We're talking about the lit-up part -- the screen. There was a (supposed) spy pic posted in one of these Appleinsider reports of a new edge-to-edge screen for the next iPhone.
When Apple launched the Macbook Air, they were showing plenty of views of its "0.11 inch" thin edge. That was the general design theme they were pushing at the time -- the appearance of thinness. That was before they went back to chunky with the iPhone 4.
Easy. Smaller perimeter ('picture frame') around the screen.These must be trick questions or something....Ah, I get it now. The rapture happened and only the dumb people are left. Er, wait a minute....
Easy. The same way the iPod Touch is thinner due to its curved back, or the iPad 2's thinner because of its curved edges, or the Macbook Air's thinner because of its wedge-shape.
This is a great idea. I was wondering if I could order a custom-built Mac online and have it shipped to my local Apple store, because I can't be at home to sign for it, and my employer doesn't like personal packages to be sent to work. So purchase of custom-built macs at the Apple brick-and-mortar stores would be a plus for me, even if it means 2 trips to the store that's almost an hour away.
In the old days, "computers" ran "programs." Today, "devices" run "apps." It's generic, and not tied to any one manufacturer, despite the fact that Apple got a big head-start in the mobile device category.
'Back to school' generally refers to grade school -- crayons and 'Trapper Keepers.' (anyone else here as old as I am?) The kiddies get out at the end of May or first week of June, and go back at the end of August or first of September. Colleges and universities are all over the place. My first year of college was at the U. of Minnesota, and they were on a trimester system.
So some people are claiming that Apple will have a 'back-to-school' promotion before school even lets out? This is getting to be like stores that put Christmas stuff out a month before Halloween.